1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green Bay fishing equipment heads to Iraq
Debauche, Bob’s Bait & Tackle spearhead project

By Jim Lee, Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

After reading a Dec. 14 article on the angling interests of Sgt. Steven Gorshe, a Wausau native stationed in Iraq, a group of Green Bay area residents sent an aid package to the avid fisherman and his like-minded military cohorts in the war-torn country.

“I rummaged through my fishing equipment and came up with two rods and reels I haven’t used for some time,” said Denis Debauche of Green Bay.

“Before sending them off to (Gorshe), I talked to Daryl Warren, manager of Bob’s Bait & Tackle (1512 Velp Ave., Green Bay). He agreed to donate equipment.

“A customer overheard us talking and said he, too, would donate rods and reels. From there, it just took off.

“Daryl agreed to set up a (donation) headquarters at Bob’s Bait. I put up fliers around town and contacted everyone I could think of for donations.

“Being a residential painting contractor, I even called people whom I had painted for in the past. The response was great.

“As of this past week, over 50 rods and reels, along with a very large assortment of tackle, is on its way to SFC Gorshe in Iraq.

Another box of assorted gear will be sent as more equipment trickles in.

“I hope this will give Gorshe and his men some peace of mind they are looking for,” Debauche said.

http://cgi.greenbaypressgazette.com.../archive/out_14323888.shtml&AFFIL=outgreenbay

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sure wish this site knew about this earlier, I'm sure we could have filled a 21/2 ton truck with fishing equipment for our men and women in Iraq.

I wonder if we still can - I for one would sure help in any way!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
You have to know him/her. And don't send chocolate, it s looks like C-4 on X-ray. I sended some stuff and the chocolate did not make it. LOL. I think the FBI or NCIS ate the Chocolate?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I understand where you are coming from, you must have been there?

I have in an earlier situation - but does not matter.

Give all the support that you can and then some!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts