Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over Christmas Break, say sometime between the 22-30 of December, does anyone want to hook up (If Ice is really good) say around Mount Pleasant, Chippewa Lake, Mitchell or Cadillac Lakes or say within and hour from Blanchard, MI 49310 (for anyone that wants to map it). I am sick to death of fishing alone and not really catching anything year after year and would like to get together with someone who might have a better clue than I on where to fish so I can bring home something to jusify all the gear I have.

My wife thinks I have a girlfriend and some sort of sickness that makes me like dead bait in the fridge door.

I would like to find a place, pack some sandamawitches and make a day of it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have the whole week between Christmas and New Years off and plan to fish everyday. PM me if you want to meet up. I'm always looking for someone to go with. I live 30 miles north of Lansing so all of those areas are fine by me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i cant say if i will have the time to or not with being on call for work and all the other holiday stuff but it sounds like fun. shoot me a p.m. and even if i dont have time i can point you in the direction of a lake that treated me and a buddy pretty well last year. im about 20mins east of mt.pleasant so any of the places would work for me also.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I am only a few minutes west of Blanchard (Mecosta) and am looking for someone to icefish with as well...It seems my sons have grown up and no longer have time to fish.... I don't have any extra days off in the next few weeks though...or any free days for that matter but I sure would like to get a few guys together over New Years if any of you are interested...I got an old beat up portable and an even more beat up gas auger if anyone is interested in a get together... Maybe on Chippewa, there's supposed to be some monster Gators in there, or Cadillac...It doesn't matter...

lkmifisherman

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be getting with all of you to get together. I thank you for your responses and look forward to the fishing. I havea VEX and a Cam and my own shanty so the gear is all there, plus some.

lkmifisherman, Semper Fi Jarhead. When were you in?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
1976 to 1980 mostly at Pendleton but did some time at LeJeune and a year on the rock...You?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1981-1986, 2nd ANGLICO, 3rd LSB, 2nd Tanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
my in laws live in Mt. pleasant and lake isabella, they ice fish the area enough to know some of the lakes. I have been tagging along the last two years. I'm over there quite often in the winter, shoot me a p.m. if you have any questions.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fully intend to take several of you up on your offers. I am hashing out the schedule for work and once i have it done (end of the week) we cans start some planning!!

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
paulywood said:
I have the whole week between Christmas and New Years off and plan to fish everyday. PM me if you want to meet up. I'm always looking for someone to go with. I live 30 miles north of Lansing so all of those areas are fine by me.
Where do you live.I am 30 minutes north of Lansing also and puts me in Maple Rapids.
If any of you guys like to fish let me know.Always looking for a fishing partner.
Larry

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Well it seems that they have these meet and greats downstate all the time and generally it is to far or on a bad day for me....so maybe we ought to have a Central Mi meet and great...of course any and all would be welcome...Meet at Chippewa where we might catch a Walleye or 2. Cook up some chili and just have a big BS festival on the ice...raise a little he!! with the locals and go home lol....
I know Isabella has gators as well but am not sure if we can fish there not living there...
There has to be more members than this that live inthis area or close to it...

lkmifisherman

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I live in St. Johns. I've been meaning to ask you about fishing. During the winter I go out to Rainbow with me friends to ice fish. Also work with and know a bunch of guys from MR. I'm always up for fishing.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here are the days I am available.
December 22-24
December 26-28
Dec 31 Jan 1.

WHO'S Game? Might need to borrow a lantern, mine has personl issues,

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
If you guys want to hookup let me know.

Being self employed my hours are flexable.

I have a 3 wheeler and small trailer.

give me a call at Larrys Service 989-682-4443

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is the ice like down that way and what lake were you two thinking of? The further north of Lansing the better, but either way fill me in!!!!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just talked with Rat City Hooker we can meet up at Crystal Lake on monday the 27th. Let's work out a time, place and list of people and gear. I have all my own poles and lures, Vex and Cam, two man shanty and a hand auger. Oh yes, and buckets, I have my own buckets, I am almost a real fisherman! :) :p

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you guys don't mind, i wouldn't mind tagging along. I have a two man shanty, power auger, buckets, lanterns, poles, tipups, etc.
Just let me know when and where.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Dang it I got to work.....I think I am feeling sick on Monday......

lkmifisherman

1 - 20 of 50 Posts