Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing with Ralph Smith today left out of patterson launch.It was windy and alittle cold but we got are first limit in 2 hour 4 walleye 1 -30inch pike.We lost a nice 7-8 walleye at the boat just out of net range had about 10 strikes.We got them on husky N.O 14 fire tiger and blue silver and clown were the colors today 2.0-2.2 was the trolling speed we were in 9-12 fow 40 back was the key water temp was 54 degs, it was nice having Ralph in my boat just meet him off this sight. waves were 1 1/2-3ft.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the rest of todays fish.24 1/2, 22,19, 18 walleyes.Would of fish longer but I didn't like the waves.

·
Premium Member
30,275 Posts
Thanks for the trip on the bay today:D Great day except for the wind. Nice set up you have there E, and really enjoyed the time fishing with you. Good to meet great folks like yourself willing to take someone out and put them on some fish. I'm very thankful for the opportunity, and learned some valuable information from you out there. Anytime you need someone again to be a helper out there with you, feel free to drop me a pm. Glad to hook up with someone knowledgable about those bay walleye, I usually don't have as good a luck out there:p :lol: . Thank you again.

By the way, the wet spot on my shirt is where the walleye threw up his minnows in its stomack when it looked at me:lol: Guess that was his last try to get somewhat even. good thing I had my safety glasses on.:lol: :p .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hat's off to you fellas and glad you had a good time!! I would love to meet up with some of you this weekend. Were you all going to be?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
We got out later on around 7pm on Wednesday. Started out with about 4 ft. rollers. Calmed down after dark. Not a whole lot of action at all. We were pulling no. 14's in anywhere from 5-8 fow. We also ran some crawler harnesses. I had a couple buddies limit out on Tuesday doing the same thing at the same time, I guess I just may be unlucky. Got one 18" walleye and one foul hooked catfish (right in the side). Did that catfish ever make that pole bend though. Thought we hooked into something special there. Trolled until about 10:15 or so with no more action. I guess maybe the weekend will bring some luck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey Enigma, what tourney are you pre-feeshing for? I'll be up there doing the same for the MWT next Thurs/Fri.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also went out yesterday by myself, spur of the moment deal bored with the turkey hunting this week. Knew it was going to be rough and it was a little bumpy. Went out of Hoyles and made a long run and fished 15-17fow from 4:00pm to 7:30pm. Went 3 for 5, 2 fish came on Deep Reef Runners 25ft back(Firetiger), the other no 14. Deep Husky Jerk 45ft back(threadfin shad). Lost two on btm bouncers. Trolled across waves at .9 to 1.6. Caught fish in clean water and dirty water didn't seem to matter. Most arcs were down 8-10ft down. Hey Enigma talked to Musky Dan about you the other day, fast trolling seems to work for you are you going with the waves? I guess next time I post if I need someone to go with me, to help with gas for the boat:lol: , but if your made of sugar you will melt in my boat.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This time it was crossing the waves.And going with the waves.And I don't ask for gas money.It was offered but I didn't take it.

·
Premium Member
30,275 Posts
Enigma said:
This time it was crossing the waves.And going with the waves.And I don't ask for gas money.
:yeahthat:
I tried, and he wouldn't take a thing. I really appreciated the trip. I'll catch you around somewhere, and atleast buy you a few rounds:) Your a good man..........Semper Fi.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jaw Breaker Muskydan is the man with that 53-54 inch musky he caught on sanford lake I have to admit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Enigma go down to the Detroit River, the fishing down there right now is what the bay will be in a few weeks. Nice break from trolling and you will fill the livewell if your any good.:lol: I don't ask for boat gas down there, just gas money for my truck:help:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts