Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been many years that i have fished the tit for walleye on the opener.
So i have a canoe where would be the best place to launch that i can fish that stretch of river and have a good chance at walleye.
I will be fishing alone and am not sure as how far i can paddle a canoe upstream with the current to get back to the launch.
canoe.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Launch at spot of choice that is open and have family/household member pick you up downstream.
Find pod of fish and paddle up if you can stay on them.
Just need to stay within "local and not too far" distance we are supposed to do.
Report back if you do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe both entrances have been blocked off even before all these orders were put in place. The boat launch has been closed for years.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i see there is a launch down stream on the other side of the river off lee st. is that one open at least the parking lot?
no the one down by the mouth of the tibb. and the shaw. is the old wicks park launch thats been close quite awhile now, lee street launch took it place, BUT right across the river from lee street launch used to be a little slab launch not to many new it was there, it use to be a little down river from the big strom drain no dock or anything like that {might not be there anymore} been a while plus the city might like people even using it if its still there? mels more and likely be the place to go, get there early...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I believe wickes park has been closed to vehicle access.
Can anyone confirm Wickes is closed to vehicles? I was going to launch a canoe there also. Paddle/troll upstream a mile and try anchoring in a few spots. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is it possible to paddle upstream on the river? I have a canoe and was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i see there is a launch down stream on the other side of the river off lee st. is that one open at least the parking lot?
if you would like to know about the launches i lived a mile from lee street launch, 2.5 miles from the center street launch, fish those rivers over 45yrs. be glad to help? give a pm. see your from gaylord, i retired in lewiston

1 - 20 of 74 Posts