Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got out on the spur of the moment saturday 3-27 at about 10:30 and stayed till 4pm. Downstream trolls north of the warm water discharge in Marine City produced 3 cohos, two kings and a steelhead. Other boats did'nt seem to be having much luck, so we changed our program up to magnum spoons with black and glow. Our plan paid off immediately with 3 nearly consecutive fish caught on a lead core out 4 colors and clipped to a release on the transom of the boat with only a 10 foot long leader. A couple downriggers hit later on (they were set near the bottom with the spoons 35 foot behind the ball) and finally a yellow bird pulled within 15 feet of the docks with a bomber 125 foot back produced another king.
We went out sunday and tried to duplicate the program in the same area and had no luck at all. The water was getting dirtier late saturday afternoon and it was definately more dirty on sunday. Looks like we might be outa luck till the water clears up a bit.....

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
good fishin , I fished sunday in southern Lake Huron,you got me thinking maybe the river would have been a better choice,anyways good fishin.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put in at the Pine River.....but by the time this rain stops and the water clears I'll be fishing out of Lakeport to Lexington.....we're kinda screwed for awhile now with this weather and the need for clear water. Its gonna get crowded as hell on the weekends now that marinas have opened up as of April 1st and all those guys are gonna get their boats into the water. They'll all be anchored in the holes in front of the power plant and blocking our trolling paths as well as drifting and jigging for walleye. The good days of the river being uncrowded are over for this year....it was nice while it lasted for the past couple weeks.....see ya all in the big lake........ Glenn

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
glenn

you arent a retired sterling hieghts employee are you?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But I keep my CCW current for when I run into those guys who hold a grudge and still want a piece of my arse .......so far most of them have gotten over it when we have a cold beer together in the parking lot......

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
thought so-you still by 21 mile

thoguht you be going by miller killer

i talked to you a few times. Im dan 's buddy(also the old car you painted i believe)

from the old chatams days

dan just got a new boat, will be out more salmon fishing.
Its a 22 pro line
kings quest

maybe we will see you on the water

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Small world its cool when old friends meet:)
I think the river is going to be muddy this weekend.
Then I thought about Lexington. 10' waves
I think I'll find a creek and try for some Suckers,

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
a lead core out 4 colors and clipped to a release on the transom of the boat with only a 10 foot long leader.
Interesting, i've never heard this method before.....Tell me more......What's the purpose? Can it be done with mono?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maybe with mono if ya put an in line sinker in front of it somewhere......dunno how much wieght though.....I run my long line bombers that way to get a solid hook set when they hit it....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey 1fife.....yea....I remember you guys of course! Good to hear from ya. Still living in the same place, yup. Give my best to Dan and tell him to PM me so we can stay in touch......all is going well on this end......
Yes...its great when old friends meet in such a big world!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts