Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at going out to the bay tomarow has any one been doing good catching walleye or perch or should i stay to the river. looking at going to the mouth or state park.how is the ice at spark plug.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
probably stay to the river, bay doesn't seem to be doing as well. try up towards saginaw area. good luck and be safe! tight lines:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Can't comment on the river, wasn't there. Off Thomas, there were more people fishing than there were fish caught. The ones that were, mainly on Do-Jiggers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i have been fishing by old hooters been slow this week. was on the river to night with my sled went to hooter was a lot of people out to night. stoped and talked to a few guys at beans said the were marking a lot of fish and they picked a small one as i was talking to them. thanks for the report. Did any one do good tonight???

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what every one is saying thomas rd has a lot of fisherman but not may fish being caught. wear is all the fish??

·
Registered
16 Posts
fished tues eve , thursday 10 am 530 pm , sat eve lots of little ones not a keeper this year . every visit was either bay city or sag on river people comment that its too early but last year i killed them in middle of dec where are the keepers

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Saw nice fish on 01/12. One guy had a 30 in hawg. About 40 fish that night for 18 groups.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same thing with me the keepers are right a 15'' were is the big fish. last year all the fish i caught was 15''-20''. the year before i caught a lot of fish and lost a lot it was my first year fishing for eyes on the river and was fishing with a gill pole and caught a 25'' banded walleye. so it seem it has went down hill from there. but my friend caught a 11# at wicks an took second in the shiver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
in a couple other threads guys were talking water temp ice thickness etc just a reminder i bored several holes for our group tonite in zilwaukee most were just off shore with 7 in of good ice 20 fow decided to venture out farther bored 5 holes near center of river same story 6 - 7 in of ice moved 20 ft to north to bore another set auger down hit gas and and busted through about a surprising 2-3 ins

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
That night there seemed to be two main packs, 4.5 miles & about 8 miles. Fourteen - twenty two FOW. Same thing tonight, just not as many fish. No difference in who was doing better really.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was out for about 5 hours today and caught 1 White Fish about 22 inches just before 6:00pm. That was the only fish we marked and was in 11 FOW. BYW this is the first White Fish I have ever caught, are these good to eat?

On Wednesday in same general area (north of Vandy) my son caught a 20 inch walleye. There were about 6 in their party and it was the only walleye caught.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i came by the z bridge tonight on my sled on my way to hooters and there is a lot of slush spots the ice looks to be good from wicks to the z bridge form there north not as good

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we stoped to night at wicks park to fix a belt on one sled and the DNR stopped and checked us out he was walking and checking all the people fishing and i ask him how the fishing was and he said a lot of small ones not many keepers.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Definitely eat the whitefish.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts