Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just getting into bowfishing this year with my rig. Will be setting up the front deck this weekend.

My question: What do most guys do for fish disposal? I see some events will sort those logistics out, but what about the average joe on a night shoot? Dug into the forum and looks like some go to farmers, but if I cannot find a farmer (Or have a yard to dig & use as garden fertilizer) what would you recommend? Had a blast last year with a buddy, but want to have my bases covered before (hopefully) filling a drum with fish. I'll be shooting the Saginaw Bay starting out.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
We always gave them to farmers but if you asked the local baits shops they could probably help you. We had a blast when we went to sebewaing on Saginaw bay bow fishing years back. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, just getting into bowfishing this year with my rig. Will be setting up the front deck this weekend.

My question: What do most guys do for fish disposal? I see some events will sort those logistics out, but what about the average joe on a night shoot? Dug into the forum and looks like some go to farmers, but if I cannot find a farmer (Or have a yard to dig & use as garden fertilizer) what would you recommend? Had a blast last year with a buddy, but want to have my bases covered before (hopefully) filling a drum with fish. I'll be shooting the Saginaw Bay starting out.
Did you ever find a way to dispose of your fish? I just move to Michigan and live near Lake St Clair and I need to find a place to dispose fish too.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever find a way to dispose of your fish? I just move to Michigan and live near Lake St Clair and I need to find a place to dispose fish too.
Yes, sorry for the long wait on a reply. My friend owns 30+ acres and has a tractor, so he gets the pleasure of digging a hole and burying them on his property after we shoot.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Put them in a double garbage bag and then put them in the freezer. On garbage day morning put them out in the cans and they'll get picked up. I have a magnet that says "Fish Guts" eye level high on my back door and I flip it over when I have fish guts in a freezer so I don't forget. Note, I am just filling bags of walleye and gill guts from cleaning them. Not 15 stinky carp but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.