Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to give a big thanks to Trout King for leading me to a sucessful first trout outing for me. Being brand new to the trout fishing world, i didnt know the first thing about this fish....but with some great tips from Trout King, i was able to land my first trout....

although, dont laugh, because i did when i seen the pic because it was alot bigger that what the picture shows...seriously! my camera is horrible.....any way, here it is.....caught on a white spinner in a very unknown trout stream......

thanks trout king

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man....a first is a first.....

i love trout fishing...

that beast was pry like a 6 incher

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Holy cow.......did u have that thing weighed......IGFA would be goin nuts....that fish is pushing the world record for sure....i hooked a couple of fish in that size class this spring but they all spooled me.....i beefed up to 100# spectra but i still got busted off by one of those giants ;)

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Welcome to the sport of trout fishing! You are now hooked and your life will never be the same again...The Pick-up and Drift Boat leave at 3pm friday...LMAO!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
They are the most beautiful fish, regardless of size. Congrats on finding a new addiction.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don, you got me there.....

im a senior in college and im still making errors like this!!!

it is as big as my fist..........that was the joke! (my coverup)

laugh all you want....thats what i get for posting a pic like this!!

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
hey a trout is a trout....for some reason that spot looks familiar by the looks of the brush on the bank,lol...nice job...shoot me a pm if you want to get out sometime this weekend or something...sorry haven't been able to pm you because i've been busy with football..congrats on the fish...they only get bigger, i didn't catch my first over 10 inches until i was 9 (i've been doing it since i was 6, the bigger ones will come under better conditions...congras again

·
Registered
601 Posts
Originally posted by northern_outdoorsman
Welcome to the sport of trout fishing! The Pick-up and Drift Boat leave at 3pm friday...LMAO!!!!!!!!:D
[email protected]_outdoorsman

Hey congrates a trout is a trout no matter the size. When i caught my first about 15years ago in grayling the guys around me must have thought i had lost it....i was all happy over this little 6" fish hanging off the end of my line! now i'm a full blown troutaholic

You dont know what you've got yourself into. welcome to the maddness that is TROUT there is no know cure;):D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats! They are right and that it is addictive. My first trout fishing I caught something like 10 in 20 casts and about 25 for the day. The day was perfect for a spring hatch. I have never had a day close to that again, but it does not stop me from getting out as much as I can.

Oh yeah, the largest that day was maybe 6 inches. All planters, but still great looking fish.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Way to go!
Great first trout, as are all the first fishes.
By next yr you'll be posting pics of 20 inchers.

·
Super Moderator
37,507 Posts
That''s great. Nowhere to go but up from there.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts