Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
shot and checked in first tribal bear in newberry 9/12. Shot at 7:30 am...taken with a 7 mag at 25 yrds ,ground hunt. Weight was 200# dressed. Lenght 5 foot 10 inches nose to tail..large boar with big head and paws......many thanks to cameron bear guides of newberry for a great hunt.. The best people you could ever ask to hunt with...will post photos soon.
Ken

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
congrats. did ya check it in the dnr station? if so, was there a lot of questions?

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Was the first one they checked tribal shot..
What is "Tribal Shot."

·
Registered
434 Posts
What is "Tribal Shot."

probably shot under the new 07 consent decree where the state of mi recognized their right to issue tags

(i live close to manistee and have several friends who are tribal members)

correct me if I'm wrong Ken

congrats on the bear

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Ken

Congrats on the Bear, I didn't put in for a Bear tag through the Tribe this year, I had already drawn a tag through the DNR.

I've been watching to see if any Tribe Members had scored yet, that's kind of slick being the first.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
whohoooooooo congrats on your bear...that is one thing I have not done yet....

·
Registered
434 Posts
as far as I know that's 2 for LRBOI one was brought into the check station at Eastlake office Monday the 15th

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
probably shot under the new 07 consent decree where the state of mi recognized their right to issue tags
ahhhh, got it, was hoping maybe it had something to do with a traditional style of hunting, or something unique like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts