Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stealth Cam MC2-GV, film type camera. I have never used one before and am going out tomorrow to set it up. Any advice from someone who has used some of the less expensive, flash cams would be very helpful. I have read the instructions, but am looking for real-world issues and do's/don't's.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Make sure you set it up facing north or south. I used to have a Stealthcam 35 mm and the sun would set it off all the time. That really sucks when you take your film to be developed and all you have is sunsets.:rant:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Make sure you clear branches and bushes that would set it off from the wind. I paid for a whole role of film to be developed of nothing but some branches blowing in the wind.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Make sure you clear branches and bushes that would set it off from the wind. I paid for a whole role of film to be developed of nothing but some branches blowing in the wind.
Had that happen also. I used to open the camera back up after it first loaded the film to make sure it advanced properly. now I got a good feel for it and dont have to. You will soon find that these ARE expensive cameras. Many of times ive rushed to the 1hr photo with great anticapation. $9 later...a roll with branches in 23 diff positions, farmer cuttin alpha, squirells in 23 diff pos on a tree 3ft in front of camera. :rolleyes: It sure is fun though.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts