Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my ignorance last year I didn't get a license to hunt spring turkey. (I was on the sight when the clock struck midnight <while I was in LA to see Michigan in the Rose Bowl> but I didn't comprehend the application procedure).

ANYWAY.....my son and I want to hunt and we have two choices: private land in the UA zone (Ravenna) or private land in Q zone (Lapeer County).

Do I understand this correctly: I have to pick ONE week in either of the zones (UA or Q) OR hunt 301 which is zone ZZ for the last two weeks of April OR choose hunt 234 which is all of May.

I can only pick one, right?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Due51 said:
Do I understand this correctly: I have to pick ONE week in either of the zones (UA or Q) OR hunt 301 which is zone ZZ for the last two weeks of April OR choose hunt 234 which is all of May.

I can only pick one, right?
Yes, you can only apply for one hunt. If you choose hunt 234 you can purchase your licenses over the counter and avoid the application process.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ack.

I was startiing to think noone would answer such a newbie question.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the "club". This coming season will be my fourth. Had a real close call my first year, bagged a nice tom in season 2, and nearly had a bird in for my partner last season. After the last 3 seasons, my partner and I are going to do the hunt 234. Would rather have an entire month to hunt them. Lots of fun to hunt em' - good luck!

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
Could be the hunt you want, I like having options

1 - 5 of 5 Posts