Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

First time LSC tips?

2300 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  blue82
I'm considering blocking off an evening this weekend for adventuring to a new fishing spot. If anybody would be so kind as to throw me some tips, I'd greatly appreciate it. I read about shore fishing "the marinas" up that way. I'd like to target perch, crappie, gills, etc.

Are there gangbusters spots? If somebody would be comfortable throwing locations, PM me.

'Preciate y'all

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Fish the mile roads Fords Cove has structure. Jigging works good this time of year lots of bass. Anywhere from the grosse pointe yacht club to metro. I can’t even tell you where exactly it changes so much daily. The water is really clear so prepare for that. Good luck.
You going from shore ? You've got a canoe, right? Best best bring canoe and launch 9 mi. Or selfridge and explore every canal possible if that's your rig. Shore spots are limited on Mile roads from what I found out.. They "sometimes" cut me a break for being a cripple, not down there ! I've got all shore spots on north end if ya want em shoot a message
In the winter, some marinas let people in to fish. But now they are busy getting boats in the water and doing repair work to get ready for the boating season. The last thing they want to do is let in fishermen unless you are a member.

You have a nice boat that you like to talk about on this site. Use it.
I don’t work the lake much but Delphine Channel can hold eyes, cats, etc. You’d need a vessel of some sort for that one though.
Mac, it is a little late for the cuts and marinas from shore. Bring the boat.

If not, consider metro beach or the mouth of Clinton river (Harley Ensign).
Agreed I didn't read the shore fishing part and he's got a Glitterboat.
Use the boat.
Reactions: Carpenter Bill
Gotcha. Thanks guys. Not a boat trip - more of a side trip as part of some other adventuring. Glitter boat is in the shop, anyways - hope to have her back sometime this year, at this rate, lol. I've got a yak that I could bring up that way.

Reactions: RMH
Don't go on the weekend!
Reactions: jhw
What’s wrong with your boat?
Gotcha. Thanks guys. Not a boat trip - more of a side trip as part of some other adventuring. Glitter boat is in the shop, anyways - hope to have her back sometime this year, at this rate, lol. I've got a yak that I could bring up that way.

Reactions: Gone_Hunting
where is Delphine Channel ? (asking for a friend who's screen name also has Catfish in it LOL)
I don’t work the lake much but Delphine Channel can hold eyes, cats, etc. You’d need a vessel of some sort for that one though.
It was supposed to be a spring tuneup, whatever that means, but my live wells have been somewhere between finicky and not filling all last year. Sometimes, if I filled it partway with bucket scoops, the pressure or suction or whatever would kick in. You can hear the pump trying to do its thing. Apparently there's sand jammed up in there and lines are being replaced.

What’s wrong with your boat?
Near grosse pointe war memorial, drops to about 20’ and runs out to the shipping channel.

It was for Horace Dodge’s yacht, The Delphine, named after his daughter.

where is Delphine Channel ? (asking for a friend who's screen name also has Catfish in it LOL)
That is a great picture of the Delphine. She has a great story that I think most people on here would enjoy.

Briefly:
Commissioned by Horace Dodge in 1921, sank in New York in '26, run aground in '40, acquired by the Navy in '42 and abused in WWII, sold back to the Dodge family, sold for scrap in '86, entirely rebuilt from '97 to 2003 for $60M and now living in Monaco happily ever after.

Perhaps most importantly we got a nice fish holding channel because of her....
Its amazing how many private vessels were retrofitted for service in WW2. Good to hear she's still kickin'

I just remembered that I charted the Delphine last winter:

I know you asked about LSC, but Belle Isle is an option (if that would be “new”). Inland lakes plus the opportunity to fish the river from shore, canals, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.