Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

First ten inch of the winter

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ice ghost 
#1 ·
It has been a rather dismal year, even when we have ice, fishing has been poor. Tonight I caught a handful of gills but this ten incher made the evening. I was able to get my jig back, on 1#, from two identical bass also.

See less See more
#8 ·
I use to build some rods and when I started on ice rods I found that it was too fine of work for these construction hands. My wife is very crafty/mechanical and she said "I could do that". She found out she was good at it and enjoyed it.

#11 ·
Stick a nail through it and hang it on the wall. Welcome to the site. Here are the general rules. A fish worthy or bragging about, which this one supposedly is, requires a tape measure or something that size can be compared too or it didn't happen. For all we know, that board is 2"x3". Just kidding man, nice fish!

#14 ·
My daughter and SIL live a small lake in Illinois that had some hybrid gills that were huge, they look like some type of freak.

Reactions: jimbo
#16 ·
Smallie I could get u on them. Can’t promise there of any size. I’d say u could catch 50 a day easy just there small. But I never really fished for them on that lake. But I would guess there close by. Everyone says it’s slow this year my dad has been doing really good. I only been Gill fishing 2-3 times and have done pretty well also.

Attachments

#24 ·
Haha, true, but..............you could have those paper towels that you can tear off 1/2 the normal size and then turn it sideways and put a 4" on there and claim a monster, lol

Hope you and him realize I was just messin' around, you know, the whole picture or it didn't happen thing, or where guys have their son put his size 6 boot next to them on the ice and say they were monsters or those mini soda containers trying to make people think they were normal 20oz size, lol. I'm just jealous but I'll make up for it tomorrow and Sunday and hopefully have my own pics!
I know. I was also. LOL Still A very nice Master Angler fish. So far, I've come up short of one. Otherwise, I would of mounted one. Keep up the good humor.

#25 ·
Ya, you've probably read enough of my crap to know that I like to have fun but also enjoy helping people out or simply just throwing ideas out there for them to make their own choice. Unfortunately the guy went off on me even after I had liked his pics from the start, told him it was in jest even before he indicated he took it wrong he still went off. I told him it was ridiculous but I got called a hater and smartass that probably has 2k posts of garbage so I gave it back to him and then he started to delete his posts regarding all that rather than just saying sorry that he took it the wrong way no harm no foul so I deleted mine too because it looked stupid for mine to be up there because people would have been wondering who I was talking too. I sort of feel like an apology should have came my way but it didn't and he was making me out to be the bad guy where I can count on one finger in 10 years how many guys on here I've had bad exchanges with and that person has bad exchanges with tons of people so it clearly isn't me but this guy just joined this week and started that so all I could do is think who really is the bad guy here. Never seen a guy in 10 years to not be man enough to admit they were wrong.

Anyways, always enjoy the heck out of your post Eagle Eyes, keep 'em coming.

Reactions: eagle eyes
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.