Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1146 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
It's a nice fat fish for sure. I threw the picture of the fish on the ice into powerpoint and measured the length of both the fish and coke can. Based on standard dimensions of a coke can, it puts the fish right around 32" long, and you might get close to another inch pinching the tail. That's about as big as you want to keep for the table. Bigger than that and they start to get a really strong taste because of how old they are.
My sons walleye on the wall is 32” and that pike was def a lot bigger. I have a tape on my keys but left em in my truck. Won’t leave them next time lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Today today is the only day it will be above freezing for the next 14 days, Hopefully that is correct. Getting thicker ice every day. Hopefully the water will clear up at the zoo. That will turn them big girls on, Good luck and be safe and hookem in the lips on a gold true turn
How quick does she build ice down there? Gonna be within easy driving distance of lady clair the second weekend of February and want to know what to expect.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,084 ·
How quick does she build ice down there? Gonna be within easy driving distance of lady clair the second weekend of February and want to know what to expect.
Send me a pm a few days before you are coming. Ice is getting better every day down here. There is fishable ice now, but the main lake is building up. I will be up at the pine Saturday morning, early for a good parking spot lol.let me know if you will be there. I will be solo, my fishing crew is going to lake of da woods .I will there Saturday chasing dem bay whales.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I’ll be rubbing elbows with all you crazies tmrw! To say I’m excited is an understatement! Tying up my snoopy rods at the moment. Remember…dont feed the animals!

Reactions: Guy63 and jumbojake
1081 - 1100 of 1146 Posts