Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

881 - 900 of 961 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
Is the “skag”, lake Skegemog?. I fished it yesterday late afternoon with out much luck. Skiing today, I might hit again Sunday morning before heating home
Yes it is, been a great morning bite and early afternoon. Sight fishing helps also.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes it is, been a great morning bite and early afternoon. Sight fishing helps also.
Weather changed here the last couple days. A storm front came and dumped a bunch of snow (probably 8” to 10”), and it got windy and really cold, so that might have something to do with it too. Good luck out there today

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #891
Yes, it's open but the ice is not good and the fish are not good. Lol enjoy your day at the zoo and hookem in the lips on a hali jig.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I decided to hit North End yesterday, easy walk on a good 4-6 inches, glad I did. I'll hit the Zoo next weekend and I have Monday off for presidents day. Let dat lunar scape settle in some.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
If anybody wants a pretty decent 7” laser auger....there’s one out there in about 8FOW about as close to the day sail as you could get on the smooth ice....been using my homemade adapter with drill for 10 yrs but first hole, first time fishing there....I snapped it off just BELOW the metal plate.....and of course the water was toooo cloudy to see it.....used a jigging rap for 1/2hr and never felt it....or any fish. Find a 7” hole and part of a 2nd one that’ll be oriented NE from full one and there’s an auger to be found..... if you DO find it, keep the guy from Hillsdale in mind for some ideas on where to find those st Clair perch....I’d REALLY like to get on em someday!!!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Anybody at the zoo today off the beach that can give me a ice thickness thinking about taking the kids out for an hour or so but when I was out saturday it was not ice I would take the kids on .. ...thanks in advance

881 - 900 of 961 Posts