Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a really bad day earlier Hunter made my day this afternoon. This is his first point on a wild bird. Rich had him in grouse last week I got in Robins today!

He was even steady to flushes (3) so what could he due for an encore? Lay down and eat a stick, got to love puppies.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Awesome!! Glad my pup isn't the only one with a stick fetious!!:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
First point is always exciting but it is nesting season. Keep the dogs out of places where wild birds could be nesting. Planted birds at this age are just as exciting for the dog. Grouse and woodcock are very susceptible to predation this time of year. Wait until July 16 and have fun.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's at a city dog park not much chance for grouse and woodcock. But since he found some urban woodcock (Robins) he was full of himself so he tried to take Jake dog treat again. Another error on his part!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Just didn't Know if the comment about him being on grouse last week was serious. It is a good looking pup.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
shorthair guy said:
He was serious about being on grouse and woodcock last week...he has another post where he discusses it....
That is not good. Our enemies like to use that against us!

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are allowed to run year on game birds in a area that the DNR has issued a training permitt for. Rather it's Ionia, Highland, or a shooting preserve that has the permitt. I'm sorry shorthair guy you don't have any friends that have training areas but you don't need to give me crap because I due.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Worm Dunker said:
You are allowed to run year on game birds in a area that the DNR has issued a training permitt for. Rather it's Ionia, Highland, or a shooting preserve that has the permitt. I'm sorry shorthair guy you don't have any friends that have training areas but you don't need to give me crap because I due.
Those that deep down care about the resource dont train young unsteady dogs on nesting game birds....

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fred how much damage due you think a 4 month old puppy can due? Especially one that points or at least hesitates with a handler right behind it. You guys need another hobby than bitch, and complain about everything I post. Why don't you just stop reading what I post I have quit reading yours unlees it one one of my posts. How old are you Fred GROW UP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.