Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my first ever food plot 10 days after planting. I am getting pretty excited about this thing.

There are rabbit tracks all over this thing, I have seen a pheasant, and yesterday morning there were 6 deer chomping already but I was to slow with the camera.

I will continue to post pics as the plot grows. That thing is 30 yards by 10 yards, do you think a game cam would cover it??

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Looks good Dan, put the camers in the SE corner of the plat facing north, you'll catch them as they come into the plot......
What did you end up planting?

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whitetail Select's Severe in the middle. The bulk of the plot is WSS, I mixed in some fall forage oats. Around the outside and after the other stuff had sprouted I planted turnips and barasica's. They started up too! That is what I was thinking about with the trail cam.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will something like that make it until the season starts or will it pretty much be all gone,, from all the other animals??
I assume it will make until season and hopefully after. This plot is not something I will actually be hunting, it is more for viewing and possibly holding a few deer in the area. It is actually in my front yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts