·
Premium Member
15,400 Posts
Cool

Reactions: RHRoss

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
IMO it would be the first deer to cull from the herd. Knowing the health issues it may have and not wanting the possibility of it spreading. Another is if breeding to another deer with similar genetics it has only 1% to reproduce. If breed to deer without the gene they will produce. At that point you maybe adding health issues to your herd. Again just my opinion or what, why I would consider culling.

·
Registered
Whitetails and Steelhead
2,120 Posts
IMO it would be the first deer to cull from the herd. Knowing the health issues it may have and not wanting the possibility of it spreading. Another is if breeding to another deer with similar genetics it has only 1% to reproduce. If breed to deer without the gene they will produce. At that point you maybe adding health issues to your herd. Again just my opinion or what, why I would consider culling.
Party pooper

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree. They are cool looking, but their genetic traits aren't desirable. Lots of them out east where I moved from because of overpopulation and inbreeding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts