Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

First perch of the day

3032 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  skins to scales
I took my wife perch fishing this morning and the first fish we caught she got a 13.5 inch perch. That north east wind was cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Here are some of the perch we caught. My wife seems to be gifted when it comes to catching perch

I took my wife perch fishing this morning and the first fish we caught she got a 13.5 inch perch. That north east wind was cold!

What lake?

Nice Catch, were you Fishing the D. river ?
North west Michigan.
Nice Catch, were you Fishing the D. river ?
Mmmmmmmm. ...........Yumm-bows...........very nice!
Reactions: plugger
Cool, I have that on my GPS,
North west Michigan.
Reactions: Wiggler
Did you use a minnow rig setup or are they starting to bite artificial?

Does anyone know if perch fishing tactics change from season to season other than vertical jigging on the ice? Im trying to figure out when I should start targeting perch like I would in the summer. :idea:
My wife caught the biggest of the day on a perch rig with minnows. I was jigging on the other side of the boat with a buckshot spoon and minnow head. I caught a few less fish than my wife but about the same number or a few more large fish.
Did you use a minnow rig setup or are they starting to bite artificial?

Does anyone know if perch fishing tactics change from season to season other than vertical jigging on the ice? Im trying to figure out when I should start targeting perch like I would in the summer. :idea:
Hey man, we should all be so lucky to have a wife with that gift. :D Nice catch.
Here are some of the perch we caught. My wife seems to be gifted when it comes to catching perch

Reactions: MISTURN3
How far north? Is that on a great lk with a boat? I am still fishing through ice on most inland waters
North west Michigan.
Ice????
How far north? Is that on a great lk with a boat? I am still fishing through ice on most inland waters
Gaylord north is good ice, Otsego lk 14”, Burt , Mullett, 12”, mud 10” all still doing good just have to be careful as usual. Dark shorelines and river mouths. That’s why I missed the sag run. Was still catching up here. Of course wrk doesn’t agree with timing lol. It is raining today but I c it is going bk to the 30’s so I think we may get another week. I hope. Keeps me busy till the D river gets on fire.
Reactions: Fishfoote
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.