Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I walked out to check a food plot yesterday and saw 3 more (killed 5 of my 14 out there this year). This isn't the same plot I was posting them in last year either (which still has 2 in it as well, not including the one a buddy shot there earlier this year).

·
Registered
289 Posts
That’s awesome! I didn’t know they climbed trees until 7 or 8 years ago. Seen one climbing, the only one I‘ve ever seen climb.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
After a 3 week dry spell, I got woodchuck #13 Friday, and #14 today. It never ends!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Woodchuck #15 Thursday, and I haven't even left the yard. This is the most I have taken in one year from my yard in the last 24 years. Got to 12 a couple times. That drainage ditch 1/4 mile behind the house must just be infested with them, and they venture out looking for "New Digs". Pun intended!

IMG_20200827_180727772.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
15! Now that's a lot of chucks. I got number 5 from my back door a couple days ago. Last 4 were this years model, about 1/2 the size of the beast that I posted.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Got #6 yesterday afternoon. This one was raise’n hell in my clover plot. It was obvious the holes were being freshened up, so I put a camera on the plot but wasn’t seeing anything. Turns out it was just too far from the camera. Saw it driving by yesterday after work.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
It's kind of funny because I have never seen a woodchuck on my place. They would need a snorkel to dig any where but back in the creek bank.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's kind of funny because I have never seen a woodchuck on my place. They would need a snorkel to dig any where but back in the creek bank.
They love creek banks and ditch banks like that if it's high enough to keep their hole out of the water.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Been in a slump. I did get a couple recently.

Both were with the 22-250 and 50gr Vmax.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Took 15 last year without leaving the yard. Took #1 on April 2nd, and #2 on June 1st this year. Been seeing a lot of them on my way home from work, but I don't hunt them in the fields. I just don't like them digging under the barn, next to the house, or anywhere in my yard.

IMG_20210601_183050009.jpg

Took forever to load one pic, what's up with that? One less thing I'll be doing in the future.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Saturday July 3rd, I caught this young one up snooping around where he should not have been. Hope the rest of the litter don't come looking for him. #3 for this year.

Reactions: jonnyb

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
#4 yesterday, and #5 today, snooping around the barn. Both young ones. Forgot to take a pic of the one yesterday, but here's the one from today. He was a little camera shy.
IMG_20210720_160923243.jpg

Reactions: wolverines

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
#6 Today in the yard, another young of the year. He had a splitting headache with a bad case of the bug-eyes, and didn't want his picture taken.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts