Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ha I was just thinking about them this morning, usually shoot my first between now and middle of month. Haven't seen one yet and surprising with the weather we've had.... not even a road kill spotted by me. Earliest I ever got one was early February in the snow well below freezing day don't know what the heck it was doing out but made a sweet 200 yd shot still couldn't believe it was a woodchuck even after got up to it!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I like to wait until they have pups. Sounds stupid, but I like shooting them too much and you can really put a dent in them if you take out a bunch in one spot. I did that in a food plot at my old house back in the day and it was never the same again.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
EDF8E53E-A05F-4492-9CB4-CDEED72AECE0.jpeg

Popped the cherry on the new 300 blackout and hybrid 46 combo using the Hornady 190gr Sub-Xs the other day. Got it on video too. Sorry about the lack of clarity. I was leaning out of a gun blind window and he was close, didn’t dare fiddle with the focus.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This is the one I've been after but got side tracked by the ones coming out next to me. This was a good test for the 300 blackout at 100 yards.

Now that I've got a few of these under my belt I'm noticing that the video quality doesn't seem to match what I feel I'm seeing through the scope real time. Not sure what that's all about, but still fun to watch.

BTW, that's at the scope dialed up to 20x

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
We only have a few wood chucks around here so I don't bother them. I have seen one this year but I live in an old cedar swamp which is not a good place for dens.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Earliest I ever got one was early February in the snow well below freezing day don't know what the heck it was doing out but made a sweet 200 yd shot still couldn't believe it was a woodchuck even after got up to it!
Holy crap! You shot Puxatony Phil, lol.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
#11 for me today. Got a two-fer last Friday. I don't go out and hunt them in the fields, but I kill every one I see in my yard. Rotten buggers dig under my barn foundation and footings. It's never ending, and I average between 8 and 12 every year.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts