Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading all the great posts here about everone's success they have had this season. It really got the old juices flowing to get back out on the trapline. Well I finally could not stand it anymore so I started to do some scouting. I found a really good spot with a lot of fresh sign, due to time constraints I could only get in two sets, but I had confidence in both of them because of the amount of sign I had found in the area.
After a sleepless night of thinking of all the fur I was going to catch, the alarm finally went off. I tossed on some clothes and hurried to check my line.
Much to my surprise, both traps had connected, I was overjoyed..
Here is a pic of my first nights catch..

The first set was the old stand by "behind the beer fridge" set, it has always produced well for me in the past. The second was taken in a new set for me, the " under the shelf " set.
As you can see both beasts are the rare "white belly" variety. Both had very prime pelts and I am trying to decide if I should have them mounted or try to find a buyer for the pelts.
Tonight I hope to have a another double waiting for me.....

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
You need to stand back some before you take the picture, next time.

All I see is a couple of mice laying on your big ermine.

:D

·
Premium Member
8,668 Posts
Great Job!!! Those look prime!;) After skinning and fleshing use a spoon for a stretcher!!;):lol: Good luck at the Auction!:D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Great work. I've yet to connect on those. Whats your secret. In much anticipation I got a little ahead of the game this year and bought some wire stretchers for those neat little critters, due to my poor trapping ability the little buggers have eluded me all year, however because of my generosity and willingness to help others I will supply you with the plans to build the proper wire stretchers.......pm me for the details.......heres a hint one large paper clip and two beers. CONGRATS. Is to late to enter him into the catch of the year award?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Well, I have caught three of those little boogers this season. What they lack in dollar value they make up in comedy value. Heres two of the three....the other one, well...lets just say the pic is a bit rough for posting :evil:

(dont worry, they were all recycled and used as bait)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
the quarter under the spring ends???? is it so the springs dont dig into the wood loosing power? or are u after broke layed off guys like me?:lol:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Northcountry. That dime under the springs has got me thinking. This could be a way to add tension to the rat traps and keep them big ermine from pulling out.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The credit goes to Mallard for the spring-tension mod. I was borrowing one of his weasel boxes when I caught that shrew.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Northcountry said:
You need to stand back some before you take the picture, next time.

All I see is a couple of mice laying on your big ermine.

:D
Now that's funny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts