Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this camera yesterday afternoon...put it up at 7:00pm on a well used run, went back and swapped out the card this afternoon...and am very happy with the results.

This is just a cheap Moultrie Game Watcher 4.0 that I picked up at Wally World for 74.00...I was a little concerned about the trigger speed, but the pic of the yote shows it's very capable...3pic burst and the second and third pics had nothing on them after the yote tripped it.

What do you all think??

These were also taken on state land.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have 2 of the same moultries you got and for the price, you cant beat them. I have 2 wildview cheapies and I like the moultries better. Battery life and features are better as well.

I havent found any evidence on my pics where the flash bothers the deer and if someone rips them off, I'm not going to cry.

Good to see some nice stateland pics!

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C...these are the first deer without velvet I've seen in this area...I have yet to find any rubs though.

I agree on that yote...you should see the sweet vantage points you could get...500 yard shots easy with no obstructions.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Is it just me or is it really bright for after 3 am.:lol: No really though nice pics. I would love to put a cam on the property I hunt but things come up missing.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just me or is it really bright for after 3 am.:lol: No really though nice pics. I would love to put a cam on the property I hunt but things come up missing.
Yeah...that's the one downside I've seen so far. I'm going to set it up again and hopefully it stays right.

·
Premium Member
7,872 Posts
C...these are the first deer without velvet I've seen in this area...I have yet to find any rubs though.

I agree on that yote...you should see the sweet vantage points you could get...500 yard shots easy with no obstructions.

Aww...... come on GV. I know your top shelf in archery......but 500 yards is a lot to ask from an arrow... :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
My brother an I also have this camera. It is cheap, and simple to operate but the trigger speed is a little slow in my opinion. Looks like you set up in a good spot. I've bow hunted Brethren, beautiful area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts