Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out at first light this morning finishing up a blind when I heard the first of the bluewinged missles. During the next 15 minutes I had over 500 teal in groups of 30-50 buzz me not ten feet over the top of the cattails. Figured this front was going to bring the first birds down. Beautiful sunrise, stiff cool northeast wind off the lake, no skeeters. We are almost there.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I too, have been seeing many more teal in the road side ponds in my travels of late. Also scared a couple sandhill cranes out a field in the state game area that I run the dog. The season is coming

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
seeing quite a few more geese showing up as well....I have been watching a spot that has been holding around 30 geese for the past few weeks and the last 3 days there have been 80-100 birds...They just showed up out of nowhere! :D

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
That's ;too bad. All the people that wanted a late season so they can shoot buffleheads. I would much rather eat teal and wood ducks.:evilsmile

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
While waiting for the ferry to the main land I saw a south bound flight of 100+ birds. They were little ducks, either widgeon or BWT.

FIRST FLIGHT OF THE FALL!!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I wish Woodies and Teal would stick around a little longer....Granted some do...but they are very tastey :D...and sometimes they can turn a bad hunt into a good one!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts