Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

First lite corrugate guide pants quality?

892 8
All...last year I remember some of the guys on The Hunting Public (maybe the Born and Raised guys too) talking about how high quality the first lite corrugate guide pants were for whitetail and elk hunting. I don’t have any first lite gear bc I think the prices are ridiculous...but there is a sale on the pants ending tonight...and I was considering a splurge on a pair of pants which would hold up for a long time here and out west. Anyone have any thoughts on them?
Reactions: Hoytman5
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I love mine but I wear them more for everyday wear than hunting. Only issue I’ve had is they start to pill after a while. Favorite pair of pants I own and I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
They’re pretty tough. Great for active hunting. They will get pilling in the crotch and thread pops from briars/sticks but mine don’t have any holes after 2 years of hard wear. They are slightly “swishy” because of the fabric so just be aware before you buy if you are looking for dead silent material.

They are on sale right now so bows a good time to buy to see if you like FL gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was going back and forth between those and the merino ones due to the silence factor. What camo pattern did you like best for MI? Fusion vs cipher?
Personal preference on the pattern, but I like fusion as a do it all pattern.

The obsidian pants are nice and they are silent but if you are rough on gear they will get holes in the thighs somewhat quickly. They also attract burrs like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was going back and forth between those and the merino ones due to the silence factor. What camo pattern did you like best for MI? Fusion vs cipher?
Reactions: TheMAIT
Love my FL Corrugate pants. Never been out west in them but I wear the heck out of them here and they seem to hold up real nice. I wear mine as everyday pants as well as they are probably the most comfortable pants I own.
I bought a SEAK raincoat on the sale myself. Sick and tired of cheaper coats leaking at seams.
I took advantage of the sale as well and marked a few items off my wish list.
I have a pair of the merino ones I wear elk hunting. They’ve treated me great. Very quiet. Durable considering they’re merino. Suspenders they come with are nice. Pocket layout is good.
No complaints here.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.