Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you may have read, I got a king early in the mournin yesterday. Later in the day, I went out again from 3 til 9:30. At first, bites were hard to come by but soon they started. My first fish was a samll bright jack. Couple cast later I hooked a hog that ran down stream. Not sure where this fish was hooked. The bite turned off again because of people ripping at them. Then, I hit another fish that just went crazy. Tried to throw the hook like mad but was unsuccessful. I ended up landing this fish which was also about 12 lbs. 7:15 I told myself I was going to leave. Then shogun walks up and introduces himself. It was nice meeting you:) Then,it happened. I didn't know it but this would be the biggest fish of my life. It ran down river and came up for a head shake. Then went back down. I really didn't see the fish at that time but then he came up again and a little light was showing on the fish and my line was hooked at the mouth. This fishes head was as big as a soccer ball which was probably a 30 lber. I tired moving it but it wouldn't. I could just feel the head shaking. Then the hooked poped:(

That was it for me that night.

Today, I tried a diff. thing. I tried spawn for a little bit. No luck unless you want to count the fisherman on the other sides:) I ended up hooking 2 but they both threw the hook on the jump. Not sure where they were hooked but more likely fouled since I have been landing almost all my legal hooked fish. I did loose another fish to another fisherman. I hooked it with my top fly and then the fisherman across the river hooked onto my bottom fly and ripped my hook outta the fishes mouth :mad: but oh well, it was still fun. I might go out in a little bit but don't know yet.

I also got to see the fish being harvested this mournin but that is a diff. post:)

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got back....man there was fisherman EVERYWHERE. I gave it a few tries and then got sick of people saying I was fishing illegally when I was using 2 flies. But then again funny how the "fisherman" on my side would come and ask what I was using and I would tell them flies and then they would ask if I was snagging them and I would say no. Hooking them in the mouth where they should be hooked. :p

Anyhow, went 0-0. I will be out tomarrow though. You can count on that:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts