Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the beautiful day we were having and the crisp cold air, I loaded up a bucket with a pole some jigs and a spud. I headed over to a seculded spot on a canal all by myself. I checked for Ice thickness with my spud (remember safety first and always!) The ice was 2" thick.....:woohoo1: So I stepped on to the ice and spudded my across this very safe ice to a spot I stratigically targeted. I spudded my first fishing hole and I'll be damned if it wasnt 2" of safe ice there as well.

I caught many gills, most of them were small but did keep 10 of them. Also some very small perch and 1 silver bass.

All in all a great day all by myself on the ice.

p.s. if any one of you think I am stupid, unsafe, make poor decisions GO BACK TO MOMMY'S HOUSE AND GET BACK ON THE NIPPLE! I am still alive, did not endanger anyone, including myself or get wet. EXPERIENCED? Yes I am and thats why I was out there!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
You were by yourself on a secluded canal today? Really?:confused: :coco: :shhh: :lol: By the way...experienced ice-fisherman spell it e x p e r i e n c e d.:lol: Can't believe you went out on the ice today. Man your nuts. No way was I going to step on any ice today.:lol: You forgot to mention how many mud-puppies you caught today. C'mon, fess up.:lol:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Just got off mamas nipple and decided to look at the computer :lol: :lol: :yikes: ...way to go smiley!! nothing better than a few gills on some hot oil!! wish I was out there also...was on some ice...but on a street with a watermain break! :rolleyes: ...well good job....mamma wants me to get back on the other nipple now!!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Houghton laker said:
Just got off mamas nipple and decided to look at the computer :lol: :lol: :yikes: ...way to go smiley!! nothing better than a few gills on some hot oil!! wish I was out there also...was on some ice...but on a street with a watermain break! :rolleyes: ...well good job....mamma wants me to get back on the other nipple now!!
With that big mouth of yours you can fit more than that in there....like a shoe....:lol:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fish eater said:
I see you fixed it. Thank you.:lol: :lol: :lol:
You had better dot all your I's and cross all your t's Mister.......:lol:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
RichP said:
So that's how experienced ice-fisherman spell it eh? ;)

Congrats on the catch Shadow, sounds like a good day.
LMAO....thanks for pointing that out Rich. FISHEATER.....YOU SUCK........:lol:

This is for you buddy:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: DOH! Ice-fishermen! Dang it! :lol: :lol: :lol: Good fun guys. Til next time.:grouphug: :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Smily you are indeed :dizzy: but I run a close second :lol: :lol: I wont forget about you this year we'll hook up soon. It's going to be recon for a few days. P.S. we know who the mud pup king really is.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I put one leg through the ice last year. Must have taken 10 minutes for my heart to slow back down. But if your big patoot can stay dry I guess I might have to give it a try this weekend.

Mike

·
Banned
1,819 Posts
When someone comes in ,and flames a thread even after he plainly said "do not bother" I would hope that the moderators step up,and warn the idiots that cannot keep their safe ice hangups to themselves. Lk St Clair is never "safe", maybe they didn't realise that I guess.:confused:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
shadow7663 said:
With the beautiful day we were having and the crisp cold air, I loaded up a bucket with a pole some jigs and a spud. I headed over to a seculded spot on a canal all by myself.

LOL Secluded spot It was good seeing you and fish eater out there on what looked to me like 3"(s) of good ice. I'm glad you didn't give your secret location away It's kinda nice to be all alone :rolleyes: Plus the convenience of being able to walk to the bait store with in seconds ;) :lol: After we all exited the "secluded spot" I made my way down to the south end marinas. On one Marina I found 3 1/2 to 4 inches of ice. Lots of fish. I ended up with 2 huge sunnies and one huge gill, the kind that it's hard to get your fingers around when holding them. I also hit 20 to 30 Med. size gills/sunnies with a load of perch. Larges perch was a whopping 7" :( .

Chuck1 I think Shadows statement about the ice (I think) was in jest. First ice and safety is a touchy subject. Anyone who has been on this site for a wile just cringes when the subject is brought up. In this incident, I think most took it as a joke.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Flames?????? I didn't even see the smoke.

Big Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
My only question is, "did you pick up your trash and deposit it responsibly?";)

Not meant to Flame, as I believe most of us on this site are disturbed by the folks that litter the ice.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Actually the place looked pretty clean. I did see a few small gills laying on the ice. Give it time with the amount of guys at that spot, it will look like Little Det. or a war zone by Jan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts