Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my first attempt at a homebrew..

Sony DCS600

Fast Yeti Board..

I just need to paint it, put the card in, put the rechargeable batteries in and test it out.. It is picking up motion good so we will see what happens!! Should have it out within a few days!! Will test in my yard with the dog first..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Watch out for that Walmart box leaking. I have a few homebrews and the only one that ever leaks is the one I have with a Walmart box.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I would sink in under water for a second or two with out the camera in there to see if your case leaks before you put it out tin the field.

·
Banned
12,126 Posts
Also what is a good date & time stamp to use?
The meta data is also imprinted on the picture, just doesn't show. Open the picture, go to file - properties and it'll tell you date and time if the cam time is set.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Impray - What box do you normally use?

I am going to try to finish it up today!!
Most of my cameras are in Pelican 1020/1040 cases. My first couple of cameras were Stealthcam and since then I have went with homebrews. I bought my first ones already built and one of them is in the Walmart box. It was fine for a couple of months, then one day I went to get the card and when I got to the camera I noticed moisture on the inside of the glass, I opened it up and water came out of it. I took it home removed the seal and there were small cracks in the corners of the seal, so I flipped the seal over and did the sink test and it was fine. I put it back out and it was fine for about 2 months. I went hunting on Saturday and went to get the card and sure enough after the rain we had the weekend before it had water in it again. So it is sitting here by me now and I'm considering putting it into a Pelican 1020 case, but I don't know if it will fit in this case.

·
Premium Member
7,875 Posts
I had a Pelican case leak last year and ruined the P41 cam and SSS board. Three other Pelicans have given no problem. No problems yet with the Otter that replaced the leaking Pelican. No problems with two Walmart cases yet, but I now run camo duct tape over all the top and partially down the side seams on all my boxes just for added insurance and peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Walmart, Lowes, yeticam.com & Ebay!:D

about $120 maybe a little less! And now that I have alot of the supplies already I would suspect the next one will be less than $100..

·
Premium Member
7,875 Posts
Thats a great looking build and liquid nails camo job Dan. Was the whole project easier/harder than you thought it would be ? Can't wait to see some pics from it. ;) What settings on the board ? I've been running everything off except switch 4. That gives me the 5 red flashes from the led so I know it is set up right when I walk away, and 15 second interval between pics, 24 hrs a day. Oh, and don't forget to turn the screen lcd display off. She don't work so good when you don't, trust me.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Once I had all the right tools it was easier although one thing I will do different on the next is go with the eye bolts vs the pipe through..

I have the paint all done and batteries in just need to get the memory card and test it out! It is picking up motion almost immediately so I am anxious to see how the trigger speeds are!!

Have the same exact settings! How do you turn the lcd off.. I am pretty sure it is off but when you turn it on it does flash on for a second and then right back off..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts