Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw our first fawn on Saturday May 12th. How many have been seeing thelittle ones so far???

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Zero here!

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Seen my first one 23 days ago. Have seen numerous ones since then. Lots of them around this area. Bucks have head gear up around 4 to 5 inches already.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Saw my first one yesterday(Sunday)about a block away from the house.Wife and kids were with me as well.It had to be born within the last couple of days for sure.Mom was staying right next to it.It could barely run when they finally decided to bolt from the scene.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Will be up at my Alcona place this weekend. Hope to have one on the cam or see one. It was about this time last year we started to see them.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My father reported his first one from our place up near Sand Lake.. THis was on Monday and he said it had to have been born the with the past day...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yup, my 6-year old just called me at work this morning to tell me that he saw a "mommy" deer and a "baby" deer out back behind the house this morning when he was going out to get on the bus. It is right about the same time that I normally start seeing the fawns out. I'll really start to see them once the beans pop up out of the ground. That's when I start to see them daily.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not only that fawn we seen on Saturday, Monday night seen 3 bucks, looked like they were about 2 inch nubs the size of beer cans in width, all 3 were very big bodied

·
Registered
712 Posts
Saw my first fawn today working on foodplots, dead. Darn coyotes :rant: ate most of him ( I checked it was a baby buck :rant: ). I am not sure if the 'yotes killed him or if it was a still birth, anyway you cut it he didn't make. I found him in a middle of a 7 acres field I disced Friday night with a bunch of coyote looking tracks around him. One less buck to chase in a couple years :(

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I was up at my place in Alcona this weekend and no sign of any yet. But the deer movement was way down so im sure their around.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BowtechGuy said:
Saw my first fawn today working on foodplots, dead. Darn coyotes :rant: ate most of him ( I checked it was a baby buck :rant: ). I am not sure if the 'yotes killed him or if it was a still birth, anyway you cut it he didn't make. I found him in a middle of a 7 acres field I disced Friday night with a bunch of coyote looking tracks around him. One less buck to chase in a couple years :(
Might not have been coyotes. The other morning, I noticed a doe laying in the field, sure enough, she had twins. She left them for the day, and I watched them. They stood up around 12:15pm. she came back that night around 7 and proceeded to stomp the ***** out of them. she killed one for sure, and the other one, I assume survived. I have never seen this before, and nor do I care to see it again. It was for sure the same doe, and she had brought her fawn from last year. It was a bummer to see this. Have any of you guys witnessed this before???

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Stopped for one crossing the road behind his/her mom this morning here in town. Almost looked like it was the first time it had walked on pavement. Pretty funny.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Saw a family group of adult does and yearlings last week behind the house.
One of the does had one fawn with her. It's always fun watching those little ones jumping a running around for the first time.

Mike​

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Still nothing here...not even on the cam. All the does are really big though!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
with a gestation period of about 200 day this means the does were breeding about the 5th of November. This puts the rut chase phase about the last week of Oct 06 and the first part of Nov 06. My calculations were a little off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts