Votes: 47 45.2%
  • Buck

Votes: 57 54.8%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boyfriend bought me a Bear Cruzer G2 last fall. I have never hunted before, but I have been target practicing for a year and wanted to put my bow to use.
We set up a ground blind and a couple trail cams in August on private property in Genesee County, seen tons of does and a few bucks. I've been out about 15 times since beginning of the season, morning and evening, I had a couple of does come in but wanted my first to be a buck. This Sunday, 11/4, at 7:30am, this 6 point walked in about 20 yards from me and I couldn't draw my bow. Finally calmed myself enough to draw and got a perfect shot (only at 36lb draw weight) and he ran only about 100 yards. I am now officially addicted and cannot wait to go back out on Saturday, it'll be my first time hunting from a tree stand. OH & the trail cam got my shot on video.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
My boyfriend bought me a Bear Cruzer G2 last fall. I have never hunted before, but I have been target practicing for a year and wanted to put my bow to use.
We set up a ground blind and a couple trail cams in August on private property in Genesee County, seen tons of does and a few bucks. I've been out about 15 times since beginning of the season, morning and evening, I had a couple of does come in but wanted my first to be a buck. This Sunday, 11/4, at 7:30am, this 6 point walked in about 20 yards from me and I couldn't draw my bow. Finally calmed myself enough to draw and got a perfect shot (only at 36lb draw weight) and he ran only about 100 yards. I am now officially addicted and cannot wait to go back out on Saturday, it'll be my first time hunting from a tree stand. OH & the trail cam got my shot on video.
Congrats on nice buck

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Great job, Congrats!

Reactions: mollye

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Congrats!! Awesome buck..and to be your very first deer, great job and great shooting.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Congratulations. Happy for you

·
Registered
13,294 Posts
You go girl!! Curious about the min. draw weight in Mi. Ohio it is 40#
No min draw weight in michigan. I had a younger cousin who shot 2 deer with a 30lb draw weight. She was 13 years old and she used the old 2 blade bear broad heads with the bleader blades.

I also had an uncle that had cerebral palsy who had the old bear whitetail II bow that was just a 35lb draw weight....it was all he could muster to pull because if his condition. He was able to harvest a few with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Congratulations on your deer and your continued enthusiasm. It makes me feel good to see yet another example that the future is in good hands.

Congrats to the boyfriend too.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.