Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted turkey once before on a last min decision a couple years back. Went to a buddy’s house that doesn’t hunt turkey but has the property and definitely the birds. It was a very easy, simple, sit for 30 mins and beard down. Haven’t hunted turkey since (just too busy). This year I can finally take the time to hunt again and want to get out. I’d like to use a diaphragm call for hands free. What’s a good call to start learning with?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
i have found for me , I buy something like HT or a cheaper call 3 pack. they will have different reed set ups, and you will find one that works easy for you ,( single reed, double, , etc,), and then buy a more quality call with that reed orientation. My friend makes them with his jig, and claims they
cost about $.18 ea. He mailed me about a dozen, some I could work vwery easily , some, not so much, then I called him , and he made me some of the group , that I got good sounds out of

·
Registered
381 Posts
Look up david holleran calls.i love them.
I LOVE David's pot calls and box calls but his diaphragms are just way to big for my mouth. Mouth calls are all about finding a few makers whose design fits your mouth well and then trying different cuts and combos they make until you find what works well for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts