Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

First Deer! Finally!

2887 73
Fawn Tail Plant Wildlife Terrestrial animal
Took this doe, my first, and finally punched my tag! 3 years of hard hunting finally paid off! Super excited for this one!
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
Nice fat freezer doe! congrats
Reactions: CricketGreen
Outstanding! Congratulations!
Congrats on the ice breaker!

A euro mount might be worth saving for your first. You could do it yourself maybe.
Way to go! I struck out this year, and now the deer are circling the parking lot at work making fun of me!
Looks like a cow!
View attachment 869767 Took this doe, my first, and finally punched my tag! 3 years of hard hunting finally paid off! Super excited for this one!
Congrats bet the next one won’t take as long
Nice!
View attachment 869767 Took this doe, my first, and finally punched my tag! 3 years of hard hunting finally paid off! Super excited for this one!
Congratulations!

Like others, @CricketGreen, I would love to hear the story!
Out with it!
Congratulations - it’s worth the wait and something you won’t forget :)
Nice job! Congrats! But there is now no chance of climbing out of this rabbit hole! You are now addicted!
Congratulations on an adult doe. My first deer way back in 1978 was an adult doe.
Congrats!!!! :cool:(y)
Congrats.
Awesome! You learned that persistence is key! You are on your way now!
Nice one!! Many more will follow.
Actually, very well! I had a great mentor walking through everything step by step!
Awesome!!!

PS - How did ya do with your first gut job 😁
Yessir!
Congrats! First deer is a hunt you’ll never forget !
Thank you! I was barely breathing I was so excited!
Congrats! This first memory will stay with you forever!
Nice job!
Know what? It never gets old either!
<----<<<
It was farm field that’s part of some property a guy I met owns. I was sitting watching a large group of deer moving 300yds away from me. I have a 450 BM, so kinda outside my range; then a group of 5 doe came in to my left at 170yds. I watched them circle, they came back in my shot window and I dropped her in her tracks! Blood was a ritual thing that is for your first kill, or so I’m told lol!
Congrats! Where's the back story though... details of the hunt, private or public land, story behind the bloody face, etc. Lol
21 - 40 of 74 Posts