Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First hunt of the year.
1/2 day hunt in monroe county kickin brush piles.
Conditions were perfect, with bunnies everywere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice work, fellas! I'm hoping to have the same luck this weekend.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Thanks for the report and the pic.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, we're gunna give it another try this saturday.
The forcast for this w/e looks dismal but who cares, We could be @ work instead;)
w/o dogs, I like sunny days, above freezing with a couple of inches of fresh powder on the ground and NO WIND.
IMO, I think wind holds em tight to their holes for a quick escape.

What's your favorite conditions for hunting these critters?

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Originally posted by Jethro
Ya, I like sunny days, above freezing with a couple of inches of fresh powder on the ground and NO WIND.
IMO, I think wind holds em tight to their holes for a quick escape.

What's your favorite conditions for hunting these critters?
About the same, but warm cloudy days work well. Wind is a key. Too strong and the rabbits stick close to holes or thick brush piles.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Looks like you guys had a ball out there!

I'm going to have to wait on getting out for ANYTHING for a while,... I just had a hernia operation done on the 12th of Jan.

I just couldn't put it off any longer! :rolleyes: My wife wanted me to schedual it in October,.... there just wasn't ANY way that was going to happen. Not with deer season just starting out. I told her that I'd do it AFTER deer season. :cool:

So now here I sit,.... :rolleyes: :( I can't go out and play for a while.:mad:

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
7MM,
I understand about your hernia operation, having had one a few years ago. Right now, your main concern is....how do I put this delicately??.......errr!....the ability to remove solid waste products.

Don't worry about being "down", you'll be back to normal soon and the layoff will give you time to contemplate new ways to outwit fish and game.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Thanks for your sentiments Whit1, ... the solid waste situation has been taken care of with a little help of some "Perrigo- tabs" 3 per day. :p :cool:

That end of it is smooth sailing as compared to the rest. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts