Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Nice buck and congrats to you and your son. He must shoot one heck of a broadhead!!:yikes::D
Not sure who's happier. Father or son!;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
congrats! I can remember when my son shot his first deer. It was far better than any deer that I have ever shot. My daughter will be with me next year, I cant wait!

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's great, congrats to both of you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Picture #11 = the one w/grandpa looking away from the camera & instead looking at his grandson is one of the BEST photos I have seen on here ALL year!!!

Well done, young man & hat's off to a couple of previous generations for keeping the passion about hunting alive & enjoying the outdoors as a FAMILY!

68Mustang

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If he shot the buck why are you smiling much more than he is??? Congrats to both of you!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He must shoot one heck of a broadhead!!:yikes::D
He uses Carbon Express Firstcut. This is a 2 blade and has great penatration for low poundage bows. But when the buck came in he was after 2 spikes. I told him to pull back and after he cleared a cluster of trees I would grunt to stop him. As soon as I grunted he stoped and my son released. As soon as he released the deer twirled inward. The arrow entered right in front of the shoulder and caught the carotid artery. Blood was instant. I could see from the tree stand. Ran about 40 yrds and dropped. I still haven't wiped the smile off my face.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
He uses Carbon Express Firstcut. This is a 2 blade and has great penatration for low poundage bows. But when the buck came in he was after 2 spikes. I told him to pull back and after he cleared a cluster of trees I would grunt to stop him. As soon as I grunted he stoped and my son released. As soon as he released the deer twirled inward. The arrow entered right in front of the shoulder and caught the carotid artery. Blood was instant. I could see from the tree stand. Ran about 40 yrds and dropped. I still haven't wiped the smile off my face.
I understand about not wiping the smile off. I've been bowhunting with my dad for 26 years, and I think he gets more excited (huge smiles) than me and my brother when we get a deer. Definately my best hunting bud!
Again, congrats to you and your son. May you have many more great memories in the field!

·
Administrator
17,645 Posts
How old is your son?
Congrats on one fine lifetime memory!
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Boy dose this ever bring back some great memories. It's got to be one of the greatest feelings a father can have to see his child succeed like this. Memories that he and you will have for a lifetime. Congrats to you and your son.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts