Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad killed his first deer with a bow last night around 6. Set up a make shift ground blind on state land and was at the right place at the right time, made a nice double lung shot. I got him a little bit older McPhearson and set it up with the works this last christmas to replace his really old PSE he missed a couple with last year. Talk about excited. He kept saying last night "Took me 48 years but I finally did it!" I helped him track her (not that I needed to she only ran maybe 40 yards) but he was using some old broadeads he wanted to use so there wasn't a ton of blood, but screw it, they got the job done. So it's not a big huge rack story, but oh well, way to go pops. Hard to see in this light but the tag is on one of the front legs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A first for dad, Awesome!!!!!! My best hunt was my dads first buck back in 04 he had been at it pretty hard since 93' and when i heard the crack of the rifle on opening mourning i got a tear in my eye! I know what you must be feeling right now congratulations to your father and yourself!!!! :) Banner

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Congrats to your dad.

About 10 years ago, my son and my dad each took their first deer with a bow about 15 minutes apart. I don't know which of us had the biggest smile but I'm gonna bet it was me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Congrats to your Dad nothing like the first bow kill, something very special. Glad you got to share it with him.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Way to go Dad...Congrats! That old broadhead sure left a big hole....Looks like an antique Rage!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Way to go Dad...Congrats! That old broadhead sure left a big hole....Looks like an antique Rage!
Yeah, they are 4 blade fixed blades. I think he called them satellites? Got them 3 for a dollar at the sportman's club. We stuck our fingers in it a little too, so that may have opened it up some. Complete pass through though, pretty sweet shot-he said he didn't remember if he had the pins on it or not:yikes:

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
Son's are for dragging;)

Nice job by your dad. Cool that you are so proud of him.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
A big congrats to your dad.
I really like your dads shirt. I still have a set of Treebark camo.:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
congratulations to your dad

·
Administrator
17,649 Posts
Awesome story!
I know how you must feel. My dad has only taken one deer in his life, and I was there to track and drag it for him. One of my finest hunting memories...
<----<<<

1 - 15 of 15 Posts