Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With light fading at the edge of a cedar swamp, the sounds we wait for were finally heard, from my left came a nice doe. The doe made it past my lane before I was ready, but there was a second doe on the same trail and I drew my bow, with the low light I couldn't find my sight right away and bye the time I did this doe passed my lane also. As she walked away, with me at full draw still, I noticed a third deer on the same trail and when she (so I thought) stepped in my lane I was ready.
The arrow flew true and the deer jumped straight up, the lead two headed for the hills, but the one I arrowed turned away then back the way it had come. As the deer ran, or stumbled it sounded, I heard what sounded like a death moan behind me. With a pass through and good blood on the arrow, the track started 40 minutes after the shot. With very little spotty blood (big thanks to my buddy Matt for the excellent blood spotting) the tracking was slow, taking a little over an hour to end up about sixty yards from the stand site. As we walked up on the deer I said "man she is huge":SHOCKED: and Matt says "man shes a buck":evil:. Upon recovery I found that I had shot a bit high and only got the exit side lung. In hindsight, I never looked at the head of the third deer as I was preparing for the shot and I was only about 12-14 feet up and usually at 20+ and didn't compensate. The deer was taken on state land in northeast lp, he is a six point and was a 128 #'s dressed. Pics going up shortly.:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, pics r going to have to wait, it said upload successful but I can't find them anywhere. I will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nice buck...I really like the color of his rack.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts

·
Administrator
17,643 Posts
Congrats!
<----<<<

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks to all! Having always told my self my first bow buck was getting mounted, I dropped him off at the taxidermist today. I was wondering the age of the deer and upon tooth inspection he told me 3. I am still going to take the jaw to the dnr for aging to see what they say. Also, a rough score of 70 5/8

·
Registered
331 Posts
good job nice buck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts