Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past summer, I had the pleasure of spending a week with Justin Tackett at his lodge in South Dakota along with other members of the Waterdog forum.

Well, long overdue, I have completed a project I wanted to share with everyone. Especially those that I was able to spend a week with in South Dakota. I post this here as well because many of you knew about this trip I was taking.

Below are 2 links for a music video I put together from some of the many photos that were taken that week. The video is the same, the only difference is the resolution. The video is just over 17 minutes long and features the different dogs, people, training and fun we had at Firewater. I worked on some custom sound mixing to get the most of some of the things that happened. I hope you like it.

Some of the photos and dogs names just had to have a certain song to them. I wish I could have personalized it for each of the dogs, but I had trouble finding a song that fit each individual dog. Couldn't even find one for my own dogs.

If there are many of you that the 46Meg version is too large to dowload, please let me know and I will work on making a version that is a smaller file size but still is large enough resolution for you to enjoy.

46Meg version - 320 x 240 resolution - http://www.streamload.com/rogerm52/EL/TR6984TJZA/firewater_-_medium.avi

102Meg version - 640 x 480 resolution - http://www.streamload.com/rogerm52/EL/TR6984TJZA/firewater_-_large.avi

ATTENTION - If you don't have DVD playback software on your PC and you can't play the videos, please download the Divx Codec here - http://download.divxmovies.com/DivXPlay.exe

For the friends I made at Firewater, please enjoy this gift. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Sure brought back some memories. I look forward to the day we are able to get together again.

Roger, Autumn, and Hammer

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Nothing, going to have to try it at work. Brian.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Just Sound for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JP,

Did you download and install the Divx Codec I put a link to above?

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong, but all of my machines play it just fine.

Roger

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
It worked with the divx!....didnt have time to watch much but it worked.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Randy,

What part is your work blocking? The Divx install? I have been working on a couple of other formats and when I get them done, I can post a link to those.

So far, these other formats aren't as clear as the original.

Roger

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry this is difficult for some of you. This is my first time sharing a video like this and I am learning quite a bit helping work through the issues some of you are having.

If you click on one of the links to the video and get a screen with a bunch of funky characters, the video is not downloading.

In that instance, right-click on the video link and choose the option "save target as". This will allow you to save the file where you want on your hard drive. You can then play the video when it done downloading.

Again, sorry for the confusion. I hope you find it well worth it when you see the finished product.

Thanks,

Roger

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
FowlDogs said:
Randy,

What part is your work blocking? The Divx install? I have been working on a couple of other formats and when I get them done, I can post a link to those.

So far, these other formats aren't as clear as the original.

Roger
No, I was able to do the install. . .don't worry,I can't go to half the websites I want to for looking up activities for government either. . .like things on the 2nd Amendment.;)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Absolutely OUTSTANDING ! ! I don't have any retrievers but that is one of the BEST Videos I've seen about dogs and their owners.:bowdown: THANKS. FRANK

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Roger, That looks awsome! Where did this take place and how did you get a invite? If you dont mind sharing.
Thanks
Ric

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ric,

This is the trip I talked about last spring. Justin Tackett has a show on OLN called Waterdog. There is a great website for the show at waterdogtv.com with a message board.

Thanksgiving weekend 2004, out of nowhere, JT posted that the first 20 people to respond could come out and train with him at his lodge in South Dakota. His lodge is called Firewater (firewatersd.com). I was lucky enough to be one of the first to respond.

The training took place in July for 5 days. It was one of the best times I have had in my life and helped fuel my desire to work with dogs on a professional level someday. To sweetin' the deal, JT invited some of his friends to Firewater to work with us. These friends just happened to have finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place at the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship last May.

The invited trainers were, Chris Akin, J. Paul Jackson, and Stacey West. Derek Randle of War Eagle Retrievers was also there to help out. These are 4 of the top retriever trainers and it was a priviledge to work with them.

I can't put enough words together to explain what an incredible event this was. So, I had to make a video to commemorate the event.

Thanks for the kind words,

Roger

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Roger,

That worked. . .awesome job on the video. Thanks for helping me out with that mediaplayer link.

Randy

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
FowlDogs said:
Ric,

This is the trip I talked about last spring. Justin Tackett has a show on OLN called Waterdog. There is a great website for the show at waterdogtv.com with a message board.

Thanksgiving weekend 2004, out of nowhere, JT posted that the first 20 people to respond could come out and train with him at his lodge in South Dakota. His lodge is called Firewater (firewatersd.com). I was lucky enough to be one of the first to respond.

The training took place in July for 5 days. It was one of the best times I have had in my life and helped fuel my desire to work with dogs on a professional level someday. To sweetin' the deal, JT invited some of his friends to Firewater to work with us. These friends just happened to have finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place at the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship last May.

The invited trainers were, Chris Akin, J. Paul Jackson, and Stacey West. Derek Randle of War Eagle Retrievers was also there to help out. These are 4 of the top retriever trainers and it was a priviledge to work with them.

I can't put enough words together to explain what an incredible event this was. So, I had to make a video to commemorate the event.

Thanks for the kind words,

Roger
Roger that is awsome and you are a lucky man! I would love to have the oppurtunity to train with those guys for a few days and try and soak up as much knowledge as possible. Where did he post about the first twenty guys to respond?
Ric

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Duece22 said:
Roger that is awsome and you are a lucky man! I would love to have the oppurtunity to train with those guys for a few days and try and soak up as much knowledge as possible. Where did he post about the first twenty guys to respond?
Ric
Ric,

I don't remember exactly how it happened. There was a thread going on his website about a training question and it had gotten a lot of responses, with a lot of different approaches. Out of the blue, in the middle of it all on like the 3rd page of the thread, he posted up and made the offer. I was #6 to respond.

Roger

1 - 19 of 19 Posts