Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now finishing up a John boat that sat in my parents back yard for about 7 years collecting dust until this summer. I JB welded marine the rivets for a quick fix. They have a pin hole leak still but Im not too worried about it. I sprayed truck bed liner in the floor of the boat then put a coat of flat black on top to get any glare off. Just wondering what everyone thought of the boat and to help get you guys into the spirit. This is my first attempt at a camo pattern ever so please be gentle haha. Also Im open for any suggestions about what else I could do. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. We usually hunt in a creek and set up in marsh grass. I couldnt find the right color paint that would match the grass. So rustloeum primer beige had to do. lol. With this color I may hunt the timber also.

Any Ideas for a blind for this thing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd leave it, because if you were a duck you'de be flying in a least 20' or higher and at that height a lot of the water is black if you hunt marsh. One of the stangest things is something to light. stop on a road bridge and look down on a marsh....it's black water. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a good point Dizzy. I really dont have the resources right now ... money... to revamp my color scheme anyway. Im going leave it and finish the inside walls with some flat black and green. Next summer I'll probably fix it up completely ... maybe repaint it ... we will see how this season goes. Thanks... happy hunting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts