1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well done.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Very nice. Where did you get the skins? Have seen them in 3 Rivers but wondered about quality.

Reactions: BVW

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I love those skins also, Diamond Back from Texas? I bet the antler tips was a pain, not unless you own a brooch.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love those skins also, Diamond Back from Texas? I bet the antler tips was a pain, not unless you own a brooch.
The skins did come from Texas. The elk antler tips are a veneer I add over the wood, and are carved, so I guess the bow does not have true antler tips. Probably a poor choice of words on my part. I'll get better pics to show them.

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
Incredible piece of artwork!
Well done!!
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Very nice. Brought a smile to my face and it's not even my bow.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
Very nice. Nocks look great.
I’m going to have to do something similar to one of my bows.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
We lost the house a few years ago after GM decided they had a better idea. I haven't made any bows but I've been making arrows. I was just thinking the other day that I needed to get back to it. I still have several nice staves to work. I just need to find a bandsaw that I can use. Working out of a 10 x 10 shed is different than working out of a 2 1/2 car heated and Air Conditioned garage. I have a few knife blades I've been working on. After the weather breaks I plan to get back to it. FRANK

1 - 20 of 23 Posts