Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Here's a cross section of a lake. We have purposely compacted it, in order to give you the entire picture. If this were drawn to scale, you would see that 90-95% of the water is empty. Be glad that it is. Be glad that fish concentrate and that they develop habits. This makes them easier to find.
These hot spots are not imaginary. This lake has produced hundreds of walleyes and smallmouth for us - right from the spots shown. The fish behave exactly as the sketch shows.
This lake too, is typical of hundreds of lakes. Remember too, that the fish behave the same, no matter where you fish. Light penetration, which governs their depth, is the only variable." and light penetration is governed by water color.
Organism Font Gesture Rectangle Illustration
Slope Font Parallel Tree Drawing
Organism Font Slope Parallel Paper

I know you all have lakes that will this type of bottom topography. Find your fishing will be outstanding

· Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Font Line Slope Parallel Paper

This so true I cannot count the numbers of fish caught at the base of the weed line in relationship to deep water. That weedline is one of the first signposts for the fish, they can see it as they move from their sanctuary positions in the deep

Art Painting Adaptation Bird Font

Small group of mature Bass using the weeds as a break line, The lead fish pausing at a break, the stump, rest of the school pausing at a breakline s change in depth of water.

· Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Listen to the first 90 secs of the video in fact listen to it twice it is that important Forget the rest of the video if the first 90 secs do not convince you how important knowing structure is.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxR4viTYZo4

Hal

· Registered
1,008 Posts
I may have mentioned this before, but it's interesting how structure, cover and transitions are equally important regarding fishing and deer hunting. Once you understand this regarding one of these pursuits, it translates very well to the other and vice versa. It's basically the same game.

Reactions: gundogguy

· Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may have mentioned this before, but it's interesting how structure, cover and transitions are equally important regarding fishing and deer hunting. Once you understand this regarding one of these pursuits, it translates very well to the other and vice versa. It's basically the same game.
I would agree with that. Fish and Game are all covered by the same laws of Nature. Buck Perry mentions this is his book. If Deer are moving, fish prolly be in a movement as well.

Hal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts