Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!! I am a student at CMU ,and I also love to hunt. i am just wondering how I may find some hunting land near Mount Pleasent inwhich i may be able to hunt deer or turkeys? I would appreciate any ideas, Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Juniortank11,

I did a lot of hunting while attending CMU. Actually had my gun checked in at the lobby of the towers. Anyway, my roommates and I did a lot of good in the state land near oil city. We shot grouse in September, and scouted while we did it. We had a lot of success with our bows out there. Not many hunters went there during October. Pretty much every night, we had the woods to ourselves. You need to head East On M20 out of town. I don't remember what the name of the road was, but I know that the intersection you have to turn down has a relatively new gas station on the right hand side of the intersection. You want to turn left. The state land starts on your right hand side, and continues for miles. There is a dirt 2 track that you turn off on. You'll be heading east on the two track. It will take you deep into the state land. Scout it out, and I think you will be happy. I actually thought about getting the old roommates together to bow hunt that area again for old times sake. Let me know if you have any other questions. You're in a really good area for deer. Just steer clear of that woods when rifle season starts. Everyone and their brother hits that woods on opening day. The second week of season it calms back down.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
you will just miss them anyway!

YOU SHOULD BE STUDYING LIKE I DID AT COLLEGE LITTLE BROTHER.:D

WELCOME TO THE SITE WHERE YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING AND YOU SHOULD BELIEVE NOTHING.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I just graduated from CMU last May, and still live in Mt. Pleasant. I have found some state land around, but I have not checked the piece by Oil City out yet. If you want, I am willing to go check it out with you, and let you know about some other pieces I found. If you bow hunt, you could come over and shoot some time. My yard isn't very big, but you'll get in a lot less trouble than you will trying to shoot on campus:D .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey junior
I hunted around mount pleasant last year along broomfield east of m-20 about 2 miles. It was right near some Power Lines and a Power Plant. Had permission from the electrical company. I hung the stand and the next day had a beautiful 8 point come in at 12 yards and I had my old bow and shot right over his back, not sure how I guess I just need some practice. Thats alright thoough because later in the year I got lucky as hell and got my two bucks within 3 days, thats how things work for me I guess ive always been a lucky guy. Good Luck and check that spot out as well as the state land and try not to miss a nice one like me it sucked. :D there you go little dick the 2nd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well TankHunter that story sounds exactly the same as to mine that happened last year. Also brother i think you just need to get a little luck from me and your other brother cause we hardly ever have a prob filling our tags. :p So now that i have some land to hunt here at school i wont have to drive 2 hours home to shoot a buck on the weekends. That way at home there is two more bucks that you can try to get, only if your hunting skills and alittle luck are good enough.;) So dont give me **** , cause i think your in it deeper that me!!!!!hoora.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey little bro pretty sure ive still shot more bucks than you. I have two years on ya but ill bet you if I dont get any in the next two years which is really not possible:D you still wont catch up. Maybe if you didnt miss you could pass me but i guess your just a little to shaky hey big fella. just kidden. talk to you later

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
you tanks sure are cocky

especially since you two will never ever come close to what your eldest brother is as a outdoorsman

lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts