Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I learned that trapping mink above water can be really tough but persistance payed off. Yanked this property today, I may be back but the snow conditions are iffy and it's a long walk back there.

Here's why I use a lot of 160s for mink, especially out of the water

one load headed to the truck

the co-pilot ready to go check

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Congrats FP!!!!Looks like a real nice one.I nabed a real hog myself yesterday after he had been giving me fits for about a week.He checked out a high water rat den one to many times ;)I also run mostly 160's,but in this case a 110 fit perfect.His head just about filled the entire trap!!!Love them nice dry fuzzy tails :D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice Mink!

I may try for one more of them myself.

·
Registered
26,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks all. Have to give credit where it's due... thank you BigWhiskey! He saw the tracks and the hole, I just set the 160 and threw it on top. That's the second time he's pointed to a spot that produced for me. His rates are very reasonable and he lets you borrow videos too!

Here's a better pic

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Wow! If it wasn't for the fuzzy tail and white chin patch I would have been looking for the otter tag! Nice mink!

A lot of ducks and muskrats are sending you their thanks!

John

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice mink FP, the co-pilot looks like he is not going to be doing any running lol. He has that look on his face like " hurry up and shut the door, it's freezing out there". ;)

·
Registered
26,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The copilot ran two rabbits there for about an hour but I don't shoot them there. We went hunting afterwards and I missed :sad: Still haven't shot one this year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice mink, what a hog! I have never caught one that big, been tryin for years but no such luck. I would get that bad boy tanned. Good job Freepop way to stick with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts