Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out 2 or 3 weeks ago for a shakedown and have been busy ever since:mad: All your post have been driving me crazy. Finally made it out and battled the wind yesterday evening. Launched at Wy 7:00, fished N of Mudd pulling spoons then raps, 1st limit of the season by 9:30. Hopefully I'll be in the game a little more frequently now!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are of course talking about pulling wire correct? Why is trolling ineffective in the river? Too close to the bottom?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I almost went out,but with the east wind I stayed home..souind like i should have joined you ...congrads Bill. and lets rock now...PH is slow as of last sat. night. from what i had.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LT Buck handlining keep the lures where the fish are consistantly and over changes in structure. Keeping plugs in zone the fish are in for extended time results in more strikes.

Mark, Turkey hunting tonight & sunday, high winds don't look good either. I'll PM you when I'm going.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
LT BUCK said:
You are of course talking about pulling wire correct? Why is trolling ineffective in the river? Too close to the bottom?
In the late fall (Oct/Nov) the walleye's go on a feeding binge on the gizzard shad down in the Trenton Channel. Long-lining deep diving shad raps about 60 feet back will produce fish. You have to be careful though, that area eats everything, a depth finder is a must. That time of the year I handline but if my Dad tags along he will run a pair of longlines and he catches his share of fish. Personally I feel handlining is the way to go but if you don't have the reel there is no reason not to try trolling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts