Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, knew I shoulda started this earlier in the year but finally some progress.
Looks like I'll have the carharts on when I start framing walls.
Other than some site work I did during the heat of the summer. Didn't set my posts till the weekend after Labor day.

I want to thank some guy's from the site for helping. Polarbear (Darrin), assisted by Wild Bill got my roof up for me since I got such a late start & Exploding Varmits coached me on the concrete letting me know what I needed to do & verified I got a good deal.

Here's a few photo's of the last couple month's.

When everybody else was out for the opening of grouse season this is what I was doing. Setting my posts.

Then the second weekend everybody was grouse hunting, I found myself trying to get things level & get my header boards up.

Then a couple shots from sunday (today) 11/13 as they poured my concrete
Yesterday. So even though I wish this is where I was at 4 months ago, I got this much done just in time with the weather turning cold.
Guess when I read everbody's fun & hunting stories & since I didn't get to do as much this fall, I just have to look out the window, or suit up & go out & pound some nails.
Already thinking about phase 2, :yikes: across the back of the barn.

Wally

·
Super Moderator
3,241 Posts
very nice... I may be looking for some room and board... :lol: can I bring my pup.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know on the actual kennel, have some kennels already (panels) I will be playing with & they are chain link. Need to go up to Soldan's in Grand Ledge as Dogwhistle says they custom make kennel panels.
Wanted to go with Mason Kennels but I'm running out of money, so I think I can use what I have & just have front panels made with gates for outside.
For inside the kennel space will be 3' x 6' & may let Soldans do that also, or maybe a fence company, we will see.

As far as boarding, NO, may take some for good friends while they go on a week or so vaction or something but don't want to bring in any outside illnesses. Just not worth it.

Anybody know who makes the best doggie doors ?

Wally

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
It is coming along great. I was at another guys kennel recently and he had a poop trough [can't think of another way to name it right now] where he could hose the dog waste into a track where it would end up down into some type of underground drainage field of sorts. Are you going to have an easy way to clean the kennels like that? This guys system was simple but I was impressed. He said it has saved him a lot of cleanup time over the years.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
You are going to have a nice set up when you are done.

I use TE scotts kennel doors, and have had very good luck with them.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
18 wheeler mud flaps. Just watch the roadside for freebies, cut to fit.

There is a commercial mudflap place a few miles from my home, stopped in there one day and asked if they had any seconds or blemishs, guy shows me a few so I ask how much? he says take all you want. Never hurts to ask I guess.
Plus they're quiet. When you get 8 dogs ramping in and out continuously it can make quite the racket if your kennels are close enough to your house for that type of noise to bother you and the missus.

Nice job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts