Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last couple trips in the lake have been tough so I think I was due for a decent one. Got up early and tried to wake up Jr only to be told he wanted to sleep in (darn teenagers). Headed out solo and tried the deeper water for a change of pace. Probably took 2 1/2 hours before I ran across some active fish but after that the game was finally on. Landed my 6 and went home. Mom and Jr were ready for a boat ride so we headed back to the spot about noontime and they got their limits pretty quick concidering the bright sky and middle of the day. All very good eaters. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Due51 said:
Great job John.
Nice looking catch Jon. Where were you and what were you using? My son and I are heading out this evening when he gets off of work and it would be nice to catch something besides sheephead.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Good to see you back in rare form John!!! We were all starting to worry!!:lol: :lol: I knew it wouldn't take long before you'd be all over them!! We'll be at them soon enough on the lake....seems like the river is starting to slow down.....taking me upwards of 1-2 hrs. now for my limit!:evil:

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Nice job John real nice.. Cya Slick

PS..Send me some of that cooperation! would ya LOL I needed it latley

·
Registered
490 Posts
Great job on the fish. I may have to get out on the lake again. I miss pulling harnesses out there. It's hard to leave the river with all the fish there though.:)
Mark

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Nice catch John. Not only the clear water and bright sun you had all the weekend boat chop to contend with. We took a shake down ride on my friends boat. Hit the South side of the lake along the shipping chl. The bite was hot if you liked Silver bass.

·
Super Moderator
21,125 Posts
I guess you found them...LOL

And here we gave up on fishing the lake :lol: Knockoff and I were torn between launching at Crocker and Algonac on Saturday afternoon. We opted for the River and took one ticket's worth dragging harnesses. I guess we should have followed you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts