Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having to work the opener and 7 days after up in TC . I finally got out today. OF course , being the first trip, the trailer light just go out half way to the launch. Then the pull rope broke on the motor so I loaded it back up and went home. Got that fixed after 2 hours of nothing but pure fun!!! Reconnected the lights and wala , they work. Loaded it up again and went out this evening. Took the GF on her first trip. Soon as we got set, it rained, hard. Had a group come in and of course my shooting was up to par as I watched them fly away laughing. Then it stopped and I hear a rumble of thunder and the sky light up . Toss everything in the boat and beat feet up river to the launch. Half way up the river a bolt came down close so over to some persons dock. Tied up and jumped off and stood up by the house. No one home and none of the neighbors came over to ask what the heck we were doing.

Al in all . It was a typical first outing with the exception of not forgetting anything for once.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Always something.....
Quick Q...most smaller outboards that you pull to start, you can wrap a rope around the flywheel (at least all the old 2 strokes!)
Does yours not have that or you just didn't have a spare rope?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has that, but being its a 1973 . It hates starting in the cold and I didn't want what was left of the rope to snap back and pop me.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
It has that, but being its a 1973 . It hates starting in the cold and I didn't want what was left of the rope to snap back and pop me.
Note to self: The best waterfowling occurs when the conditions are not warm.

:)

Great story man...been there, done that....

Reactions: Pat P

·
Registered
362 Posts
After having to work the opener and 7 days after up in TC . I finally got out today. OF course , being the first trip, the trailer light just go out half way to the launch. Then the pull rope broke on the motor so I loaded it back up and went home. Got that fixed after 2 hours of nothing but pure fun!!! Reconnected the lights and wala , they work. Loaded it up again and went out this evening. Took the GF on her first trip. Soon as we got set, it rained, hard. Had a group come in and of course my shooting was up to par as I watched them fly away laughing. Then it stopped and I hear a rumble of thunder and the sky light up . Toss everything in the boat and beat feet up river to the launch. Half way up the river a bolt came down close so over to some persons dock. Tied up and jumped off and stood up by the house. No one home and none of the neighbors came over to ask what the heck we were doing.

Al in all . It was a typical first outing with the exception of not forgetting anything for once.
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts