Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Finally got out with the “Perch Whisperer”

1424 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Mr Burgundy
So after a few short notice invites from Steve (Ice Guy) that I couldn’t make, we finally hooked up today. Met up at 9 mile at 12:45. I never really fished with PA’s but Steve showed me how to work them. All I have to say is I’m absolutely sold on them. Our first spot we thought we were on them. I think we had 8-9 nice fish the first 1/2 hour. Then turned into a dink fest. So we tried out a few spots and same thing dinks and a bunch of Bernie fish (Love Ya Bernie) We decided not to keep the iffers. I caught a few crappie that were bigger than what’s in the pic that I should have kept but thought we were going to fill bucket with perch and Steve said I had to keep em all so my back already started hurting thinking about it lol. Tried a few more spots and picked up a couple more keepers but wasn’t much going on. Had action all day just not the size we wanted. But had a great time talking **** and telling fish and life stories with Steve. We fished till dark but I got a meal to clean so wasn’t all that bad. Weather was actually pretty nice even though we had to break through a bit of ice going out and coming back in. Pretty sweet not dealing with minnows with those PA’s. And when they hit they crush em. I’m down anytime you want to go back! Thanks for the trip man, appreciate it.
Food Ingredient Seafood Fish Recipe

Water Cloud Sky Tree Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Plant Frog True frog Pear Art
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Fishing with PAs is a blast, especially under rocket bobbers for me.

Enjoy the meal!
Looks like a nice meal, can't beat that.
Reactions: Papa Liver
Gotta love the pa,s. They are da shat. He sold me on them. Won't be long before we're on the hard water, nice fish guys.
Panfish Assassins evidently are. Looks like y'alls had a great time, and got a few nice meals out of it.
Reactions: Papa Liver
I've been telling u and aj about the magic of dragging pa's for awhile now. I'm glad u finally got to partake in the magic. AND ya got the godfather to teach ya how, that's even better.... nice work u2!! I was supposed to go out today and tomorrow to dropshot for perch but of course the little one got sick and now stuck at home. Oh well maybe next week, again nice work guys.
So after a few short notice invites from Steve (Ice Guy) that I couldn’t make, we finally hooked up today. Met up at 9 mile at 12:45. I never really fished with PA’s but Steve showed me how to work them. All I have to say is I’m absolutely sold on them. Our first spot we thought we were on them. I think we had 8-9 nice fish the first 1/2 hour. Then turned into a dink fest. So we tried out a few spots and same thing dinks and a bunch of Bernie fish (Love Ya Bernie) We decided not to keep the iffers. I caught a few crappie that were bigger than what’s in the pic that I should have kept but thought we were going to fill bucket with perch and Steve said I had to keep em all so my back already started hurting thinking about it lol. Tried a few more spots and picked up a couple more keepers but wasn’t much going on. Had action all day just not the size we wanted. But had a great time talking **** and telling fish and life stories with Steve. We fished till dark but I got a meal to clean so wasn’t all that bad. Weather was actually pretty nice even though we had to break through a bit of ice going out and coming back in. Pretty sweet not dealing with minnows with those PA’s. And when they hit they crush em. I’m down anytime you want to go back! Thanks for the trip man, appreciate it. View attachment 870642
View attachment 870641
View attachment 870640
1 - 9 of 9 Posts