Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out after work to get my winter wheat in and some brassica. Got back and looked at the radar on TV and it looked as though the rain wasn't going to get us :rant:

Last time I mowed the clover was just before the long dry period :rant:

Well, we ended getting the rain and this morning's forecast calls for a good amount int Tuesday. I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket :D

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Good for you FP! Rain baby rain! I am always thrilled to hear when foodplotters get some rain upon planting, especially those of us that have been stung in the past.

I likewise mowed my clover around the 20th of July when it was lush and green, and then we went about eight weeks without any measurable rain. As of last week, it still lookedlikecrap. My soybeans could not have looked better back in late July; they really suffered from the drought.

The mill has 400# of wheat with my name on it, which I intend to spread tomorrow, in the rain, if necessary. Rain baby rain!

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember you getting burned a time or two on the rain also.

Farm, last night there was notable improvemnt in the look of the clover since just last weekend. If Hillsdale got the rain that we did, or more, I'm sure your's will have recovered as well. I always get concerned about the clover, during the dry spell, as the weeds and grass keep going, but as the rains come the clover flourishes again.

Long live the clover :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I got lucky for once too... Buddy and I got some fert on the clover/chicory plots and got 300# of WW into the beans Friday night. At this point I hope we don't get too much rain...

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
During a break in the action yesterday, I got 350# of wheat spread.

Now, I'm the one grinning ear-to-ear while listening to my acquaintances pissandmoan about how awful this rain is. The tables have turned.:D

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I got lucky for once too... Buddy and I got some fert on the clover/chicory plots and got 300# of WW into the beans Friday night. At this point I hope we don't get too much rain...
I went from happy to concerned... one of our plots I have to cross a creek to get to it and the bridge almost washed away.. Got it so I could cross but still went over my knee highs in the process:yikes:

I spread the fertilizer this morning on all 3 plots and the two will be fine no matter how much rain we get cause it is on high ground but our island plot I am worried about now.. One section had 3" of standing water or more.. we planted with brassicas 1 week ago today.. and everything was starting to come up good so hopefully it will withsatnd the rain/water. :sad:

On another note the beans we planted with our corn which we thought was a lost cause are growing like mad right now.. I bet they have grown a few inches since the rain started!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts