Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The monkey is off my back! I connected on a Gray Fox this a.m. I have had a few sets out , footholds, out on my property since the season opened but it seems the deer and squirrels kept tripping them or were just ignored. I also did not put too many out as I did not want to effect the deer hunting on my property. Now that I have two deer in the freezer I will be putting some more sets out. I have had a Red on my trail cam so I knew they were around. I noticed last weekend that there were several tracks, Fox and Cat on a log crossing over the creek. I put a 160 coni on it. I thought for sure it would be filled with a grinner, coon or the feral cat that has been tying to get my chickens most of the fall but is apparenlty too smart to walk into a live trap. Not the way I thought I would catch my first k-9 but, I'll take it. Regardless a nice suprise this morning. There were also more fox tracks beyond where I caught this one so the trap has been re-set in hopes of another catch.

Now lets see some of your gray mounts as this one is likely going to the taxi to get mounted.

I know that without pic's it did not happen so, I'll try to get some up later.

Thanks,
BJS

·
Registered
88 Posts
WTG, I have to agree with Timberdoodle, that one he did for Seldom was excellent.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Talk to Mike(Liv4Trappin) as Timberdoodle said he does great work. You will be very happy if you sent it to him . He is also a great guy to deal with. I will for sure be using him again for some other mounts i want to have done.

Here is the one that he done for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have a local guy in mind but I may still get a hold of live4trappin as I remember seeing your fox before Wizard and it looks really nice. If anyone has contact info for him send me a pm please.

Thanks, BJS

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would go with Mid-State Taxidermy which is right near you in Midland. He does awesome work! Even though I live in the Detroit area, I take my stuff to him. For me, he has done a bobcat, badger, and two whitetail shoulder mounts. His work speaks for itself on his site midstatetaxidermy.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts