Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my 1st posting on the forum. I enjoy this forum and has a lot of useful tips. Fished the Independence bridge this am from 7-9. Caught a bunch of cigars and a few perch. caught a 17 1/4" 20 min before I left with green and chrome rappala. Going to get some breakfast and going to head back out there. :D:fish:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well this is my 1st posting on the forum. I enjoy this forum and has a lot of useful tips. Fished the Independence bridge this am from 7-9. Caught a bunch of cigars and a few perch. caught a 17 1/4" 20 min before I left with green and chrome rappala. Going to get some breakfast and going to head back out there. :D:fish:
Where did you find a green and chrome rapala? I want one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is no such thing as Green and Chrome..I imagine that he is referring to the Chrome Firetiger which was introduced in 2007. I got this one from Bass Pro Shops but it is now Discontinued.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
A quick question.. I mainly use jig heads and spoon.. On the jigging raps do most of u guys cut the front and back hooks off? Do u do that so when bringing a fish into the hole the hooks dont catch on the ice?

·
Registered
307 Posts
A quick question.. I mainly use jig heads and spoon.. On the jigging raps do most of u guys cut the front and back hooks off? Do u do that so when bringing a fish into the hole the hooks dont catch on the ice?
No, but everybody has there own preferance. I have never lost a fish at the hole because of that.:coolgleam:coolgleam

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is the rest of the colors.....I got most from gander but some from ebay, and one directly from finaland

Orange Firtiger.This is the old version (2006)

Blue and Chrome This is the old version (2004)

Clown Chrome Belly (2009)

Green Glow (2008)

Black and Chrome (2004)

Blue and Grey Very Old

Blue Glow (2008)

Pink and Yellow Glow (Only Available in Finland) (2007)

Modern Firetiger

Black and Gold Chrome (2007)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dont know the Name LOL (2010)

Orange (2006)

Rainbow Trout Orange (2007)

Firetiger Pearl Finish One year only (2007)

Parrot (2008)

Clown Pearl Belly Limited Edition (2007)

Brown and Black OLD!!!!!

Rainbow Trout (2007)

Red and Chrome (2010)

(2010)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Most people only remove the hook on the tail....I remove both because I have never caught a fish (with exception to foul hooking) on the other hooks.....And yes the back hooks will catch on the ice. Also it is a good idea to remove the small treble hook that they come with and replace them with larger stronger hooks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
And I thought I had a few of the old colors.....got some that are original colors...and some that we painted before they started making more colors....all #9's though....:sad: Great to see somone gettin a few fish @ indy

·
Registered
25,367 Posts
:dizzy:I dont know about cutting the front and back hooks off ?-WHY- Have never lost a fish beacuse of that. Have caught nice eyes by just the back hook. Plus they are out of balance like that. BY the way welcome to the site ripper. keep the reports comming.---eyepod ---out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I will split those lures with you 50/50 or I will email a link to this thread to your woman and show her what those trips to GM were really for.:lol::evil::lol::evil: NICE COLLECTION

1 - 14 of 14 Posts